Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 17:39

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

New Forum

Discussion on New Forum within the Conquer Online 2 forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Is anyone starting a new forum? Possibly one with the older guys who left epvp...

If so, pm me the link

This forum is getting retarded, and we definately need some new mods quick, maybe those with some temp banning privalages...

Look in the CO2 exploits section (only one I visited today, now I'm already posting, then leaving :/). At least 4 threads on the first page with idiotic questions that are either: a)already been answered on the same page. or b)can be found with a VERY simple search.

These idiots are invading the forums and making it just like Gzp.

Grats Lowfry, nice to see how your work on the forums turned out :/
Old 12/28/2005, 19:53   #2

@hacks their public forums your always gonna end up with noobs and spammers and flamers. it makes no sense for you to blame Lowfyr for this remember hes not just the admin of the co section hes admin of it all meaning hes got alot of work to do not counting what he has going on in his normal day to day life. so instead of flaming why not just help out and point noobs in the right directions while keeping to minimal flaming. think about it if u point a noob in the right direction one time chances are he will only have been here to find that 1 thing or he will then understand how to search and browse the forums to find what they need.
Old 12/28/2005, 20:14   #3

elite*gold: 235
The Black Market: 135/1/0
Received Thanks: 17,758
We are already planning a strict moderation, so please don't panic.

btw. your right, in the last weeks I got not much time (because of the xmas stress).
Old 12/28/2005, 22:22   #4

Quote:
Originally posted by pappawolfie@Dec 28 2005, 19:53
@hacks their public forums your always gonna end up with noobs and spammers and flamers. it makes no sense for you to blame Lowfyr for this remember hes not just the admin of the co section hes admin of it all meaning hes got alot of work to do not counting what he has going on in his normal day to day life. so instead of flaming why not just help out and point noobs in the right directions while keeping to minimal flaming. think about it if u point a noob in the right direction one time chances are he will only have been here to find that 1 thing or he will then understand how to search and browse the forums to find what they need.
Whoa whoa, I was not blaming Loqfyr! I just pointed out to him that he should look at what his forum has become, and that some changes definately have to be made.

To your last few sentances...I do help those who seem intelligent/willing to do a little work (even as little as search). I'm ******** about those that do not even try to do anything, they just come on and demand things or just spam or generally, just act childish (see the thread about the autominer, where that guy says that someone else "should" (see: has to) make the miner for window screen just for him.
Old 12/28/2005, 22:57   #5

Quote:
Originally posted by Hacks+Dec 28 2005, 16:22--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Hacks @ Dec 28 2005, 16:22)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--pappawolfie@Dec 28 2005, 19:53
Whoa whoa, I was not blaming Loqfyr! I just pointed out to him that he should look at what his forum has become, and that some changes definately have to be made.

To your last few sentances...I do help those who seem intelligent/willing to do a little work (even as little as search). I'm ******** about those that do not even try to do anything, they just come on and demand things or just spam or generally, just act childish (see the thread about the autominer, where that guy says that someone else "should" (see: has to) make the miner for window screen just for him. [/b][/quote]
i agree about this whole....confrontation. we do need mods who are active...alot more then what they are now, and need to close things before noobs can get to them....
Old 12/28/2005, 23:51   #6

Quote:
Originally posted by Lowfyr@Dec 28 2005, 20:14
We are already planning a strict moderation, so please don't panic.

btw. your right, in the last weeks I got not much time (because of the xmas stress).
Thanks Lowfyr for reassuring my faith in the forums
Old 12/29/2005, 03:48   #7

yeah i think this forum should have a protected registration and viewing...

and GMs are definatly reading this forum all the time. A hint would be that the xmas quest exploit was patched so quickly...
Old 12/29/2005, 03:52   #8

yes exactly....thats the only way the could find out about it......
Old 12/29/2005, 04:54   #9

Screening process anyone? I know those forums where you "apply" to lvl 2.

As in for this forum, all lvl 2's are bumped to 3, 3 to 4, etc. Lvl 1 can post questions in Main and guides...exploits are in lvl 2...you can request to be moved up once every week (maybe 2?), and you must have x amount of posts, be active x amount of days etc...and you have someone dedicated to looking at what they've done to accept or deny them..

This doesn't even have to revolve around contribution, more on...how stupid are they, or are they helpful?
Old 12/29/2005, 05:04   #10

Quote:
Originally posted by Hacks@Dec 29 2005, 04:54
Screening process anyone? I know those forums where you "apply" to lvl 2.

As in for this forum, all lvl 2's are bumped to 3, 3 to 4, etc. Lvl 1 can post questions in Main and guides...exploits are in lvl 2...you can request to be moved up once every week (maybe 2?), and you must have x amount of posts, be active x amount of days etc...and you have someone dedicated to looking at what they've done to accept or deny them..

This doesn't even have to revolve around contribution, more on...how stupid are they, or are they helpful?
Something like that though, then people would be spamming constantly with posts denying that they are spamming.
Old 12/29/2005, 05:11   #11

actualy that would be pretty good cause like us [good people who help peeps] would be posting more in the exploits/hacks section and stuff like that and if the noobs were too lazy or something like that, it would just scare them off in the first place? maybe?
Old 12/29/2005, 07:30   #12

lol k, well this is my very first post on evp. Been viewing for like a year now, never opened my mouth till now. The ideas above are quite good but, if there are others like me that really don't need/want to contribute in some way this does limit us/them.

PS. This will probably be my only post for a long while lol. Using the search function and just plain looking through the forums is sufficient enough.
Old 12/29/2005, 10:58   #13

I doubt the whole forum will be changed seeing as this is just once section and changing the whole forum because of one section would be unnessacary. However, I do agree strict moderation is needed. Keyword:Strict. I do not want this to become another gzp
Old 12/29/2005, 12:03   #14

agreed, although i dont want anyone to get mad at me for not posting this in the admin wanted section...

EVULHOTDOG 4 MOD!!!!

also i do believe that this is becoming a little like GzP, but it will always be better,

and i do believe strict moderation will be a definite help in saving this forum from becomin worse and could make it become the best forum ever
Old 12/29/2005, 14:12   #15

elite*gold: 235
The Black Market: 135/1/0
Received Thanks: 17,758
next step is done, I've seperated the exploits/hacks/tools and the bots/macros.

next challenges:
fixing the negative karmas for the mods
adding another moderator
creating a warning concept for the co2 section (I think about 3 negative karmas will result in a ban, negative karmas can be given for e.g. posting already answered questions, postng questions in the no-question forums (this is strict moderation).