Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 15:32

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Running CO behind firewall?

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Hi all!

I have a problem running CO at work because almost every port in the firewall is blocked. Does anyone know a workaround or some program that I can use to play CO even when I can't modify the firewall rules. I have heard some ppl talking about socksproxy but can't seem to find any good program for that or know if it will work then. Thanx in advance

Old   #2

Use sockscap to run CO through a proxy:

Installing and configuring the program is easy.. finding a free proxy that doesn't lag.. now that's the hard part. Maybe best thing to do is run your own socks proxy from home...

Old   #3

use a non-standard port tho'. If you use 1080 without any connection restrictions you will soon be botted and abused, plus, the standard SOCKS port will almost certainly be blocked. Best bet is to use a port that the firewall has open to allow another protocol. If your network allows MSN messenger to sign in, then setup your home proxy on port 1863 and sockscap the same.