Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 05:43

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

wondering why

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
what makes conquer so much harder of a game to make a private server of than lets say WoW?

Old   #2

elite*gold: 20
Received Thanks: 2,252
Because CO is not a popular game by a popular company. Blizzard is a VERY famous company and a very good one too. Hacker out there try to make private servers for the following:

1. Money
2. Fame
3. Fun

WoW has sooo many players compared to Conquer Online, so you can see why this is.

Old   #3

and there 2 different games and are built differently....in my opinion WOW server would be WAY harder....
Old   #4

yea but if blizzard has so much money, how come thier servers were easier to crack than CO's? shouldnt a more weathly company have better security?

Old   #5

Quote:
Originally posted by bobbydole@Nov 7 2005, 19:47
yea but if blizzard has so much money, how come thier servers were easier to crack than CO's? shouldnt a more weathly company have better security?
It's more popular, there's like 50 Hojo's ultimatehakers there. You ask all the hackers about WOW and 80% of them would probably say they made some hack for it. You ask all teh hackers about Conquer and 50% of 'em would be like 'wtf is that?'
Old   #6

Quote:
Originally posted by anticlownn+Nov 7 2005, 20:06--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (anticlownn @ Nov 7 2005, 20:06)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--bobbydole@Nov 7 2005, 19:47
yea but if blizzard has so much money, how come thier servers were easier to crack than CO&#39;s? shouldnt a more weathly company have better security?
It&#39;s more popular, there&#39;s like 50 Hojo&#39;s ultimatehakers there. You ask all the hackers about WOW and 80% of them would probably say they made some hack for it. You ask all teh hackers about Conquer and 50% of &#39;em would be like &#39;wtf is that?&#39; [/b][/quote]
lol tru..
Old   #7

also like stated in point 1... Money....

People were willing to pay &#036;1000&#39;s of dollars for a WoW emulator...most ive seen for a conquer one is maybe &#036;300
Old   #8

Received Thanks: 2,252
Yeah, the thing is hackers dedicate their time to something they know is worth something. A co server would be a hit, but after a while ti will die down because TQ is a **** company. But WoW is constantly updated, and it has WAYYYYYY better graphics then CO will EVER have, any version of CO, even 9.0&#33;
Old   #9

just for the record, software to get a wow server is so darn incredibly easy to obtain, i&#39;m actualy thinking of switching over in that matter. i have the software myself, lol

-einhornchen
Old   #10

this might sound a lil noobish, but dont all u need to run a private server is a server (obviously) and copies of the server files? you dont really need to understand how they work .. unless you wanna create new maps or monsters right? im not sure about this but arent the drop rates and exp just some sort of table with percentages for each individual item and a table that says how much exp is for each level which could easily be changed to increase rare drops and exp gain? from what ive seen thats about the only things that ive ever really seen changed on a WoW private server .. ive played on a few .. am i right ot not?
Old   #11

Well, unless you can hack into official servers, the only way to get &#39;copies&#39; of server files is to guess how they work, and program new files based on your assumptions.
Old   #12

Quote:
Originally posted by unknownone@Nov 8 2005, 06:06
Well, unless you can hack into official servers, the only way to get &#39;copies&#39; of server files is to guess how they work, and program new files based on your assumptions.
bah, I should hack right into their data base, you think they have any firewalls...
Old   #13

Quote:
Originally posted by anticlownn+Nov 9 2005, 01:47--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (anticlownn @ Nov 9 2005, 01:47)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--unknownone@Nov 8 2005, 06:06
bah, I should hack right into their data base, you think they have any firewalls... [/b][/quote]
do it. o and one more question, does anyone know how big of a server one would have to possess in order to run a private server for this game?
Old   #14

Quote:
Originally posted by bobbydole+Nov 10 2005, 03:33--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (bobbydole @ Nov 10 2005, 03:33)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Quote:
Originally posted by [email protected] 9 2005, 01:47
<!--QuoteBegin--unknownone
Quote:
@Nov 8 2005, 06:06

bah, I should hack right into their data base, you think they have any firewalls...
do it. o and one more question, does anyone know how big of a server one would have to possess in order to run a private server for this game? [/b][/quote]
according to fchen at this post : . Each of the server are running on a Dual xeon 2.8G, 2G RAM, 3x36G SCSI HD
Old   #15

Quote:
Originally posted by shinichikudo+Nov 10 2005, 03:50--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (shinichikudo @ Nov 10 2005, 03:50)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Quote:
Originally posted by [email protected] 10 2005, 03:33
Quote:
Originally posted by [email protected] 9 2005, 01:47
<!--QuoteBegin--unknownone
Quote:
Quote:
@Nov 8 2005, 06:06

do it. o and one more question, does anyone know how big of a server one would have to possess in order to run a private server for this game?
according to fchen at this post : . Each of the server are running on a Dual xeon 2.8G, 2G RAM, 3x36G SCSI HD [/b][/quote]
yea well thats a pretty big server (which they need to support all the players) anyone know how big of a server that Quonquer was/is on?