Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 07:53

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

A method of Sockets

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
has anyone ever tried socketing non weapon items with BI? i've used hex editor to change a robe. I made it so that the robe could infact be put into the weapon slot. However it did not stay there. A friend of mine says he made sockets by changing normal items into weapons. However the acct that hemade the sockets with was banned, so if anyone can figure out not to do this without getting banned, then it's a 50/50 chance for every db you spend for a socket.

Old   #2

It's very unrealistic that your friend could wear non weapon items as weapons, if you he could show you how we could make sockets easily.

Old   #3

You don't get banned anymore, it's too unprofitable. Much better to send your character to cheat jail and charge you DBs to get out.

Look for armors with the same last digits as certain weapons, then hex it so you can put it in the weapon slot.

It has (had) to do with the way the server detects the item. Each item ID is structured in a certain way, when you equip something, you say to the server what and where. The server then looks up the item ID for the uid you sent in the equip packet and checks what type it is, but, it was only checking the last few digits instead of it all which allowed you to equip an armor in the weapon slot. However, i'm 100% it;s been patched now.
Old   #4

ya..this use to b possible..sum dudes did it for like 2 days b4 it got patched

Old   #5

when was it patched? my friend did it a month or two ago.. same wit when i tried, but sadly i failed lol
Old   #6

i think it was patched...