Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Conquer Online 2 > CO2 Main - Discussions / Questions
You last visited: Today at 10:07

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Replace Fire Circle with Pervade

Old   #16

elite*gold: 0
ok, I downloaded the hex editor (XVI32) and I extracted it and opened it. What now?

Old   #17

[img]text2schild.php?smilienummer=1&text=Bump' border='0' alt='Bump' />

Old   #18

elite*gold: 20
Uhm... don't bump this thread again. I've explained clearly how to do it, and the only problem you are encountering is you haven't attempted it yet.
Backup your MagicType.Dat file, then open it in XVI32, and follow the steps in my first post.
Old   #19

Oh, the MagicDat file...LoL

Old   #20

I'm EXTREMELY confused at this point. So far I have:
1. Installed the XVI32.
2. Opened the MagicType.dat file with it.
3. Found pervade (actually like 3 of them)
4. I see a lot of 0's and numbers like 4E, 72, etc. on the hex side, and the word pervade on the other side...
5. I'm lost at this point.

What next?

-Sidenote- Ok, I left the XVI32 on the MagicType.dat file for like an hour, and it seems that the word pervade and all the columns have shifted...I have not done anything to my hard drives as of yet.
Old   #21

close xvi32 (if it asks to save, say no, you haven't done anything yet), reopen the file

the left side is hex, the right side ascii. You're supposed to search in the ascii side.

there's another way to switch fire circle with pervade, it doesn't require a hex editor but i doubt it's any simpler.

open conquer\ini\3deffect.ini after making a backup of it (e.g. copy, paste, rename 3deffect.ini.bak)
search for 5fire, fire3, fire4, glebesword (those 4 exactly, not glebesword1 - 6). Those are firecircle. It's been a while so i'm not sure about the others but glebesword is the fixed firecircle

pervade is zf2-e262 through zf2-e266. Dunno which is which. Now if you want to change fire circle into pervade, you pick the 'right one' from zf2-e262 (or zf2-e263, zf2-e264, zf2-e265, zf2-e266, try and see: copy it, paste into fire circle, look at a fire circle, see if it's desired effct, if not, close CO, paste something else, save, look again, ...)

to change pervade into fire circle is a bit more complex but same method of trial and error.

<edit> so... what&#39;s with the orange?
Old   #22

this is a nooby question, but i need to know what each of does M_Fire to zf2-e121 mean.