Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Conquer Online 2 > CO2 Main - Discussions / Questions
You last visited: Today at 14:50

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

pickup only exp +1 item.. will it work?

Closed Thread

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Hi..

Okey, since +1 can only be seen after you picked it up. So I was wondering if it'll work if you just pick up all good item like (necklace, earing, boot, coat/armor etc) only. Leaving all crapy item behind. Will this work?

thx

Old   #2

yeah, but its client side

Old   #3

So if I do that, instead of mostly getting +1 warrior gears, i'll be getting necklace and att ring +1? thx
Old   #4

Quote:
Originally posted by uplink@Oct 23 2005, 18:07
So if I do that, instead of mostly getting +1 warrior gears, i'll be getting necklace and att ring +1? thx
no i think the rate of generation for those items is less then lets say warrior armor is

Old   #5

elite*gold: 120
Actually, i've come to think our theory of +1 Items may be incorrect..

We're all under the influence that the Item is decided +1 as the item is picked up...

But, Another thought occured to me..that +1, +2, Etc, may just be a variable in the Item itself, Like Color and sockets are.

If someone was to make a certain tiny prog or Inject a DLL, possibly we could Identify Items on the floor that are +1 before we pick them up.

[EDIT: Ok, what i said isnt True, if there is a variable, i didnt find it in the Itemtype.dat file.][img]text2schild.php?smilienummer=1&text=Course, Now my Necklace can give me 256 Magic attack' border='0' alt='Course, Now my Necklace can give me 256 Magic attack' />
Old   #6

How many times has this gotta be said. Can we make this final..

Items are generated by the server when they are dropped, the server decides if it's +1 at the time it is dropped NOT AT THE TIME IT IS PICKED UP. But that information is only relayed to the client when the item is picked up. On the floor, it is completely indistinguishable from a non plussed item.

How do I know this?
Because before the private server was terminated I had to implement item composition, and it was fully working.

THERE IS NO WAY TO DETERMINE ITEM COMPOSITION WITHOUT PICKING UP THE ITEM.
Old   #7

Quote:
Originally posted by Qonquer@Oct 24 2005, 12:39
How many times has this gotta be said. Can we make this final..

Items are generated by the server when they are dropped, the server decides if it's +1 at the time it is dropped NOT AT THE TIME IT IS PICKED UP. But that information is only relayed to the client when the item is picked up. On the floor, it is completely indistinguishable from a non plussed item.

How do I know this?
Because before the private server was terminated I had to implement item composition, and it was fully working.

THERE IS NO WAY TO DETERMINE ITEM COMPOSITION WITHOUT PICKING UP THE ITEM.
Pwned
Old   #8

#closed

Closed Thread