Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 17:35

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Possible to make a Gem Map?

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
hi guys
quick note i know gems are at random locations b4 but theres some that are always in 1 spot like i get a normal violet in dc mines at 099,141 each day anyway som1 can draw up a map in each mine for the 1st floor anyway for gem locations? wheter norm ref or super thought figure eh what the hell why not ^^ i dug a super nix in tc but 4got exact cords to it though im sure with all the recent patches they made gem locations fixed so norm takes a day ref or super maybe 2-3 for respawning of it anyway hope it helps my info

Old   #2

Its all random with some varablies that affect it.

Old   #3

theres no such thing as gem spots...at least no solid proff at least. its all luck and coincidence
Old   #4

there are gem spots just look for ur self :O

Old   #5

elite*gold: 20
Quote:
Originally posted by DaRkHackEr@Oct 23 2005, 06:49
there are gem spots just look for ur self :O

No! The guy would've got just as many ores if he mined in a different spot each time. I see under 20 screenshots of gems, and some are from pking blacknames. He mentions thats over a 3 week period. Thats less that one gem a day, which is honestly not very good.

One thing he mentions really makes me giggle.
Quote:
"But when you are wearing poor equipment then the game seems to have sympathy for you."
The only thing that seems logical in his post is that staying in the same spot without moving increases the gem chance. If you watched the flow of incoming packets you'd see that theres a decrementing counter every time you strike with the pickaxe, and you'll notice as time goes on you'll get less and less ores. Eventually ores pretty much stop, but then so do gems from my experience.

I mine with 2 miners in Phoenix castle normally. I dont pick any specific co-ordinates, but i move towards the middle of the mine. Each time my bag is full i move to empty it, because it takes forever to empty when you stand still. I restart mining anywhere, and usually get a gem within 2 hours of mining.

Try and understand that the server needs to cope with a few thousend players all the time, so best performance is going to be achieved with minimal processing for each of your actions. Do you really think they have a database stored on the server for gems/co-ordinates and times, and a random algorith seeded by the equipments you have on, your pick proficiency and time mining in that spot. Seems very illogical to me.
Old   #6

I'm still a skeptic as to gem spots too...but I mined at his co-ordinates at the Phoenix Castle mine...with-in three ores, less than thirty seconds, I got a normal rainbow.
Old   #7

Lol that thread is so stupid. It doesn't prove anything
Half of the times he get's the gem by dropping it on the floor and picking it up or from killing a pker.
It's so fake.
Old   #8

Oblivinator is an idiot...there are no gem spots...you stand anywhere long enough you'll get a gem..I've yet to go a night in AC/DC without getting at least 2 gems...and I randomly pick my spot..