Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 05:51

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Hiding CO

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Well, someone on this forum linked to a program called TweakWindow and I DLed it and am using it, it's awesome. The problem is, it doesn't work with CO, which is what I wanted it for. My parents do not allow me to play and I want to be able to hide CO from them when it's running. WindowTweak is able to change the icon of programs, change their name, minimize them to the System Tray or totally hide them. I really need this to work for me, CO is my only outlet for relaxation and I refuse to stop playing. When CO is minimized to the Taskbar, right clicking on it does nothing, also, TweakWindow places a set of icons in the title bar of a program to allow you to perform TweakWindow's functions. None of these show up when using CO. I think this may have something to do with the skin that CO uses, is it possible to disable that skin and force CO to run in a normal window? Is there any way that I can enable TweakWindow's capabilities or perhaps download a similar program that WILL work with CO? I need this really bad, please let me know if you know of a way to do this.

is the website from which TweakWindow is available. Unfortunately it's a trial version that lasts for 30 days, but I am thinking of actually paying for it.

Old   #2

lol iv been meaning to ask for this for awile..but i dont think its possible..anyway..thers hundreds of programs that minimizes like that..none work for full screen games tho..srry :?

Old   #3

You can't even use fast user switching either, cos soon as you do, the client disconnects Unless there's a way to hex the client so it won't?
Old   #4

Hmm i donno if i understood that right.. but, why not just have a webpage loaded (preferably a educational site, so your parents think your studdyin..lol) and when u wanna switch over.. just Hit Alt + Tab.. and if u dont want them to see the CO Tab enable the "Auto-hide Taskbar". to do that right click on taskbar>properties> and tick the "auto-hide taskbar" that should do it.. also Alt + Tab doesnt lag at all and it should not d/c u.. my comp is a P3 800mhz and i have 3 CO clients loaded all the time so it shouldn't be be a problem.. hope that helps u a bit

Old   #5
NyaR

use that, only downside is that it muts run an extra explorer.exe, but if you make taskbar and folders run in seperate processes then it will decrease the memory usage significantly.

Old   #6

**** thats nice nyar...+1 karma got divx in alt+4 conquer miner alt+3 msn alt +2 and alt+1 with main char
Old   #7

Quote:
Originally posted by user751139@Oct 20 2005, 20:03
Hmm i donno if i understood that right.. but, why not just have a webpage loaded (preferably a educational site, so your parents think your studdyin..lol) and when u wanna switch over.. just Hit Alt + Tab.. and if u dont want them to see the CO Tab enable the "Auto-hide Taskbar". to do that right click on taskbar>properties> and tick the "auto-hide taskbar" that should do it.. also Alt + Tab doesnt lag at all and it should not d/c u.. my comp is a P3 800mhz and i have 3 CO clients loaded all the time so it shouldn't be be a problem.. hope that helps u a bit
My mom doesn't know **** about computers and that won't fool even her. I don't wanna just hide the taskbar, I want to conceal Conquer when it's running. If I just wanted to hide CO I would Ctrl+Alt+Delete and simly shut off Explorer, then taskbar simply won't be on and Desktop would be blank. I normally TG my chars while I work on my computer, I wanna do something like what TweakWindow does and simply hide it when it's running without interfering with my other activities. And yes, by the way, with even 1 CO running Alt+Tab will take a few moments to switch programs. The problem isn't really playing CO, I play late at night when I won't get caught, the problem is doing my work while TGing my char -__-. I never get busted for playing, only for NOT playing and doing my work xD.
Old   #8

Quote:
Originally posted by NyaR@Oct 20 2005, 20:20

use that, only downside is that it muts run an extra explorer.exe, but if you make taskbar and folders run in seperate processes then it will decrease the memory usage significantly.
I'll try that ASAP, thank you.
Old   #9

hmm,im sure there was an option in task manager to "hide window when minimized"...i'll try that. i've been meanin to ask this as well, since my parents hate CO as well,they think its wreckin my education,rofl

EDIT:nope,the task manager thingy doesnt work on full screen proggies...dam >.< . well,im gona try that link some1 posted,+1 karma for 1week if it works . oh yea,has any1 scanned it?
Old   #10

to minimize ur game do teh following:

press ctrl+ esc then click on ur taskbar
press WINDOWS KEY + D for show desktop it should show u ur desktop
Old   #11

erm,i cant get the desktopsource thingy to work..theres nothing to run..

EDIT:downloaded the exe and it started but all it said was "serviced installed" or somethin like that and didnt do anythin else...

EDIT2:got it workin works fine,except mouse is invisible on the other desktops, but i think its just cuz i use cursor xp so i might hav to change bak to a plain crappy microsoft provided pointer . +1 k to u

EDIT3:changed mouse to norm white one but still invisible, any body know how to fix this?
Old   #12

lol,i cant b bothered editin my post anymore...oh yea,the proggy is da shiz, i just need a visible mouse,as u cant play co with a invisible mouse >.<

EDIT:CO mouse is visible is visible if u choose the plain white mouse,but on the desktop and everywhere else its still invisible >.<

EDIT2: i know this is completely off topic,but does any1 else sorta hav their super moon gem effect look funny,sorta looks like a picture that enlarges on my computer :? .

EDIT3:it may just be my crappy dial-up connection..but after u switch desktops u get like a 5second grace period,and then it DCs,so i must switch bak within 5secs...oh yea,any1 got any ideas about why the mouse is invisible?cuz its a pain in the *** when ur tryin to close winamp >.<
Old   #13

Alright, I need to explain this... My parents are both engineers, my father knows computers very well, my mother doesn&#39;t, but either way, neither of them are stupid. Minimizing CO is not gonna hide it from them, they know about the taskbar and they know how to use it. They also know that it&#39;s there, so minimizing my taskbar won&#39;t work (it might actually work with my mother, but not with my father). I need something that will either TOTALLY hide it (so that there is no evidence of it running on-screen), minimize it to the system tray (the icons on the lower right, near the clock), or make it seem like it&#39;s something else. Minimizing CO is NOT going to work.

Phoenix: That makes sense. If you lock your computer CO will disconnect in about 30 seconds, if you unlock your computer quickly enough, it simply says "The Network is Congested" and CO keeps on running.
Old   #14

err..lock? i simply switch between desktops, it doesnt lock anythin,as i can run like a download,music player etc in the other desktops and nothin happens (except for the invisible mouse which i still havent found out how to fix >.< i think it may be that desktop loader doesnt activate another mouse driver for the other desktops,but then,i cud b totally wrong).anybody who can fix this problem of CO disconnectin and the invisible mouse will get +k for life :P.
Old   #15

****..u guys..i think the proggy has some sort of virus in it..can any1 confirm for me?