Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2
You last visited: Today at 02:27

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

New Malware.u

Discussion on New Malware.u within the Conquer Online 2 forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
guys...i need sum help..my comp has suddenly been overrun with this trojan..mcafees is going crazy..all 296 infected files were found in C:\Documents and settings...\Application data\(Several weird names here)

can sum1 tell me how dangerous this file is..and how to get rid of it? mcafees is just runing in circles
Old 10/19/2005, 23:41   #2

reformat.
Old 10/19/2005, 23:45   #3

... ...y is reformat always the answer people give because ther too lazy to give a detailed guide
Old 10/19/2005, 23:48   #4

no, because reformat is the best thing to do.
Old 10/19/2005, 23:56   #5

No, It's in your eyes the most simple form of fixing something,
for sure a format can't help you always, depends on the backdoor type.
Old 10/20/2005, 00:55   #6

I have several PCs lying around here so when this kinda thing happens to me and I really dont wanna reformat for whatever reason, i'll take out the hard drive, slap it into another machine (that has up to date anti-virus/anti-spyware scanners on it) as a second drive and scan it that way, then there are no issues with files that are in use etc... If after it is scanned and cleaned it won't boot when put it back into the original PC, I do a windows repair install.

Formatting is the best way to get rid of it but if you got his way, just be sure to do a MBR replace on the drive to wipe any rogue boot sectors that may have got in there. Then there's nothing left on the drive.
Old 10/20/2005, 04:15   #7

I might give you some help if you give me the name it is detected by with mcafee
Old 10/20/2005, 07:00   #8

its detected as New malware.u ..anyway i fixed it...for all those that get this..(from conquer auto training bot is my guess...since this is only site and thats only file..iv downloaded/used in last week)after u hav deleted all the files infected with mcafees...quarantine the rest..then restart windows in safe mode..and delete all the files infected manually that access was denied to by mcafees
Old 10/20/2005, 20:23   #9

ok, hum just to make an image, what does it does? for example when u close the process does it open another with random name?, does it mod ur desktop, u can run hijackthis and paste the log here, ill help u
Old 10/20/2005, 21:55   #10

thx for the offer..but its fixed..also to answer ur 1st question..i hav no idea..