Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 20:53

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

umm yea

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
ok i have a question right now... hopeing someone could help me out.. if the client side says if it is elite super ref uni ect.. could we swap it around?... like this

ref 40% chance to drop
unique 20% chance to drop
elite 10% chance to drop
super 1% chance to drop

to this

ref 1% chance to drop
unique 10% chance to drop
elite 20% chance to drop
super 40% chance to drop

that way we make uber money uber fast... can someone answer that for me

Old   #2

Maybe if you posted it in the right forum instead of one where questions are not allowed. The mods will probably move it to CO Main however. FFR you should post any more CO questions there.

To answer the question tho' you are mistaken in thinking the client determines the quality of a dropped item. whatever is dropped is determined by the server.

Old   #3

where'd you get these stats? O_o
Old   #4

if we could change them around we would set super to 100% drop ;p

Old   #5

I think he's just guessing about the chances. All the chance dealings are done on the server.
Old   #6

oh ok.. sorry about the questions i just joined this forum and im not very good at all this... so ya... didnt know sorry *gulp* but thanx for the info..
p.s. stats were made up :P
Old   #7

"To answer the question tho' you are mistaken in thinking the client determines the quality of a dropped item. whatever is dropped is determined by the server. "

hey if its determind by the server... then how come there is a hack to see the item quality of the item on the ground... if its server side... we shouldnt be able to tell then ... just like the +1s are server side and we cant see ifs its +1 on the ground... does that make since?
Old   #8

as soon as you are able to do this you will also be able to create us a new planet to live on i think
Old   #9

naa new planet will b made WELL before this o **** i wish supers was atleast 1%..i been playing since dragon server was made..moved server once..NEVER found a super >.>
Old   #10

Quote:
Originally posted by WannaBeExpert@Oct 13 2005, 10:36
"To answer the question tho' you are mistaken in thinking the client determines the quality of a dropped item. whatever is dropped is determined by the server. "

hey if its determind by the server... then how come there is a hack to see the item quality of the item on the ground... if its server side... we shouldnt be able to tell then ... just like the +1s are server side and we cant see ifs its +1 on the ground... does that make since?
You can tell what item is laying on the ground by it's name. There is a client side file that determines the names of items when they are on the floor. Although you might see a "ConquestClub" you may not realise that there are LOTs of conquest clubs in the database, and no matter if they are super, elite or whatever, they still have the same name. All the hack you speak of does is to rename the quality ones on that file so that you can identify them on the floor. The server is still choosing what is dropped. It would also be appalingly poor and inexperienced programming if that kind of thing was a client side determination and I don't think even TQ would make such a vast mistake.

+1 items are a totally different issue.
Old   #11

elite*gold: 21
Received Thanks: 5,302
Heh heh little off topic but yah I had started on dragon server like 18 months ago. Played lots hunted lots. No supers EVER. Then bjx came out and I used it on my noob troj. She got 1 full lvl penetration 1.5 lvl's celestial a super shield a db 3 mets and 2 +1's 1st night :P **** i was happy. I then used that db on a eleit atk ring. Super in 1 db :P... Anyways ya this is off topic but ooh well...