Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 12:52

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Some help around here.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
So hey hi guys. umm got a lil problem for CO. whenever AND always when i see some high level guys , no , even JUST ONE , my co screen would go fuzzy and then my com would hang , soonafter comes the blue screen of doom . at first i thought it was the effects , but then i tried the effect removal hack , yeah no effects but when i see high lvl peeps , bam . same thing over and over. checkin around the CO folder and found this notepad document named : sys (date-of-crashes-here)
and when i opened the file , this is what it shows , and the time shows exactly when i crash . below is the text in the file =)
man its been buggin me for the past week and yeah i just started CO recently . keep me posted if there would be ANY help . thanx alot man.

[edit]
uploaded the file instead. textlog too long.look at the fourth post for the file .

Old   #2

Its a simple Logfile.
You played or tryed to mod any files of co or changed anything in the co folder?
Get any friend or somebody here who will send you the "3DRoleData.cpp" data or just be smart and Re-Install co ;-)

ps: I would send you the file but i havent a computer with conquer here right now.

btw: Next time pls upload this log file it makes the thread way to big and ppl are to lazy to scroll for ages

Old   #3

Oh . yeah i re-installed and uhh yeah many times already but same problem . and ok LOL didnt think of uploading the file . kinda groggy . just woke up when posted xD
Old   #4

Sorry for the double post but i cant seem to find delete post button =.=
heres the log file .
Attached Files
File Type: ibf post-53-1129082880.ibf (39.9 KB, 5 views)

Old   #5

it aint a co problem, so what are your computer specs, what OS?
Old   #6

Hmm my specs pass the requirements, windows xp home. aaaand i just realised it was my graphic card. ATI RAGE PRO 128 . OMG not supported. any ideas what i can do ? =(
Old   #7

try to upgrade u'r drivers..... mostlikely that would help..

or try to play CO on a virtual maching... but idk if that wold help....
but go with the drivers..... am pretty sure it would fix it..
Old   #8

You could ask in the CO forums.

Good luck
Old   #9

it is the video card, you need a new one.
Old   #10

also try MrTeenies effect removal, to remove some effects, Only do that once you have the hang of the game, since it makes the warp portals go bye bye
Old   #11

Quote:
Originally posted by TehHellz@Oct 12 2005, 22:51
also try MrTeenies effect removal, to remove some effects, Only do that once you have the hang of the game, since it makes the warp portals go bye bye
He already tried that and it didn't work.

Btw, if I was you I'd just format my computer :P
it's easy to do and sometimes solves many problems (unless you have a lot of important data on ur comp then make a back up cd or sumthin)
if that doesn't work I'd say it's ur graphics card and you should consider buying a new one?

one more thing, does this error happen to you in any other games?
Old   #12

When you blue screen, after the PC reboots into windows again you should get a "The system has just recovered from a serious error" dialog appear. If you send the report to microsoft a page usually opens afterwards telling you what caused it. Sometimes this can help identify it, but not always.

Dunno if I remember fully what a rage 128 pro has with regard to vga memory, i think it's 8MB which aint enough. You don't need a super duper GFX card for CO but i'd recommend 64MB minimum, a low-end one like that shouldn't set you back more than 25 bucks.
Old   #13

Quote:
Originally posted by anticlownn+Oct 12 2005, 23:34--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (anticlownn @ Oct 12 2005, 23:34)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--TehHellz@Oct 12 2005, 22:51
He already tried that and it didn&#39;t work.

Btw, if I was you I&#39;d just format my computer :P
it&#39;s easy to do and sometimes solves many problems (unless you have a lot of important data on ur comp then make a back up cd or sumthin)
if that doesn&#39;t work I&#39;d say it&#39;s ur graphics card and you should consider buying a new one?

one more thing, does this error happen to you in any other games?[/b][/quote]
Well no , only for CO . this is bad. .
Old   #14

Quote:
Originally posted by Qonquer@Oct 12 2005, 23:43
When you blue screen, after the PC reboots into windows again you should get a "The system has just recovered from a serious error" dialog appear. If you send the report to microsoft a page usually opens afterwards telling you what caused it. Sometimes this can help identify it, but not always.

Dunno if I remember fully what a rage 128 pro has with regard to vga memory, i think it&#39;s 8MB which aint enough. You don&#39;t need a super duper GFX card for CO but i&#39;d recommend 64MB minimum, a low-end one like that shouldn&#39;t set you back more than 25 bucks.
Sorry for teh double post again . didnt see qonquer`s reply . and i still cant find delete post button xD . uhh any ideas where ?
uhhyeahs. as to regards to the vga mem , its 16mb LOL . but my friend`s card is like 8mb mem but runs much smoother than me . =(
about that low ended 64mb . . . any specific name ?
Old   #15

dunno where you live, but as an example...

You can get cheaper ones than this, but this was the cheapest i could find online in the 2 minutes i spent searching, lol.