Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2
You last visited: Today at 11:23

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

So why doesn't this work?

Discussion on So why doesn't this work? within the Conquer Online 2 forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Ok, I dunno if this has been done before cuz I didn't find it on search.

I edited shop.dat so that the pharmacist would sell dbs instead of stanchers. Here I didn't just change the picture, but replaced the stancher item id with the db item id number.

There were some other chars behind each item tho I don't think they mattered. My problem is, as you can see on the 2nd screenshot, I can even pick the item from the shop and bring it to my inv but it just doesnt wanna sell it to me.

Anyone got any ideas why it doesn't work? I'm thinking maybe CO does a server check on the item it sells and I guess dbs aren't on their sell list.

1st image

Old 10/08/2005, 05:53   #2

2nd

Old 10/08/2005, 07:50   #3

Yea, this has been tried before, Mets and ND scrolls were also tried. No dice. As you said there is a server side check that the NPC does indeed sell the item you are trying to buy. Good job on figuring out the dat file tho'
Old 10/08/2005, 07:52   #4

Does it say "you don't have enough money in top left corner? or did you try doing this with any other items beside db (change stancher to coat)
Old 10/08/2005, 10:15   #5

lol ye doesnt work m8 server sided the server knows it doesnt sell mets or dbs