Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Conquer Online 2 > CO2 Main - Discussions / Questions
You last visited: Today at 18:51

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

i think we need to try to fix this

Old   #16

elite*gold: 0
Quote:
Originally posted by CrackerJacker@Nov 16 2005, 23:46
tq won't fix it! why?
because they don't see any problems with it.
you aren't supos to leave your comp connected over night because you can get hacked or something.
and they made tg not so people could afk in it but so people can be at the computer playing in there.

this is what i have seen i will check out those memory things i am going to try the effects removel thing too mabe that is the key.

EDIT: i noticed the ram optimizer said windows xp already has one built in and therfore these are worthless for xp. i don't have xp so lets see. but if people on exp are still haveing memoryleak problems then this might not be the solution.
Well, I'm using Windows XP Sp2 currently and it still has memory leaks problem (althought it leaks in pretty much a slow rate, but it still eventually eat up 100k and above ) The one built in windows XP does help a bit for others normal application that does not have memory leaks i presume, definately not CO client.

So i just use on of those RAM optimizer programs, when the memory reaches the preset minimum limit such as 100MB of memory left, it will automatically try to free memory back to like let say 300MB. (You will see the memory usage of the Conqure.exe to drop back to like 50k or lower) This enables you to park in tg without having your comp crash due to low memory or low virtual memory.

Of course, this is for me. I'm not sure for others. No harm trying out

Old   #17

A memory optimizer won't free up memory that an application is leaking. Memory optimizers are used primarily for defragmenting memory. The only way to free memory an apllication allocates and does not free up is to terminate it.

Old   #18

elite*gold: 20
Received Thanks: 2,252
Can't you just allow a certain memory use? for example 50Mb max for CO2? and are the CO servers down right now or my CO1 wont connect?
Old   #19

To Qonquer:
No offence, but some ram optimizer does free and defragment. Some of the optimizer program description does say about freeing memory :? Hm correct me if i am wrong.

To XtremeX-CO:
To my limited knowledge, i dont think it is possible. Unless the program itself manages it. Maybe there are program out there that can control it, but i dont know any of them. It would be nice to have one though. And, i think is server maintenance now so you can;t conenct to the server.

Old   #20

The problem is that while the application is running and allocating memory but not freeing it, the optimizer will only see that at memory in use by an application and thus will not free it. All the memory it will free are DLLs and stuff that have been loaded into ram and are no longer locked by a process.
Old   #21

i used that free RAM optimizer and it reduced conquers ram usage from 256mb to 80mb, and its customizable i could have taken it lower... the only problem was that theres no way of optimizing VM as far as i know so unless i limited the size of my VM which is currently 2gb then conquer just eats that instead.....and i need my VM lol

currently after a memory leak in tg conquer uses 256mb of ram and 800mb - 1.2gb of VM......
Old   #22

jsut switch ur co to window mode in tg drops the memory leak big time and u wont get any graphical error or atleast i dont ^_^
Old   #23

probably only way i can think is to use hex progs to dump the memory. I got 1 gig of RAM, dont find the memory leak annoying if it doesnt DC me .........
Old   #24

my conquer been running since las night and its only at 60pct usage havnt dcd or anything

the memory leak will become to much and it will eventually cut co off
Old   #25

patch 4286 patched this rite?..
Old   #26

We are happy to announce the release of patch 4286.

Highlights of Patch 4286:

1. Fixed the problem of memory leak
2. Implemented the client resources for Thanksgiving event.
Old   #27

ya but i dont think its fixed yet its still happening..
Old   #28

Only problem with memory optimizers is they have to pull the memory from other applications requesting more memory than they actually process. Be careful how you set them or your entire computer will lag and crash instead of CO.

As for TQ making the "fix", they never truly fix anything. They simply make patches without consideration of the affects it will have on anything else. That is one reason why they make a release they have "worked on" in Alpha for over 6 months and the bugs are completely seperate from anything they actually changed.
Old   #29

ta hell with memory optimizers sombody fix the co memory leak it self since its obvious that the programers at tq digital dont know how
if i where knowledgabel enough i might atempt it
but i cant seem to get past the 4th chapter in my programming book shrugs oh well im lazzy like tq
Old   #30

well i dont need to use any optimizers any more, its fixed for me, ive been in tg for 8hrs now with 2 accounts