Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 00:13

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

how to NOT get caught

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Hi,

What are your ideas on how to not get caught using various cheats. What i want listed are general guidelines like:

- gms are not on on weekends (yes/no)
- gms only work from 9 to 5 GMT -7 (yes/no)
- if they suspect you're botting they whisper you with GM char (yes/no)

i don't really know what of this is true

the only time i was banned was fchen banning me on sunday at about 10PM GMT -7 and the char used for test was not a gm. i don't know if it was some real player who later contacted fchen or not. i have a simple script that tracks changes on my screen and takes screenshot when i get shispers coz history is somewhat unreliable.

this means all my guesses (i used to go on those) are answered no by me

- what are your observations / experiences
- do you think sunday banning is a BIG exception and i had plain bad luck

[img]text2schild.php?smilienummer=1&text=i need a clue' border='0' alt='i need a clue' />

in other news, banned char was made earlyer that week and was hunting in a spawn while i was picking up items with other char manually

Old   #2

Here is a quote from my post that I made elsewhere:

Quote:
I tried using BJX on my main account so I can get a few levels up, since it is so hard to level at 100+. I had everything set to disconnect me if I ran out of pots, got a great item, backpack full, got killed, too low HPs, etc. My script was set for only leveling at a single spot that had barely any people around. I also made an AutoIt script to check if any players came around, so BJX would log off and re-log back in after five minutes. Everything worked perfectly for about six hours, and then I went AFK for about an hour - and that's when I got jailed. Luckily I picked up 100k during leveling.

There was nobody around to see me, and I could not figure out why the heck the bot was jailed even though it never returned to town. My two best guesses are: there is a special "arrest" packet that only comes every once in a while (like every 8-10 hours, or whenever the GM decides to send it), OR if you do anything that is detected as possibly being a bot, then your account is flagged so that an invisible GM can come later and check out to see if you are really a bot. I can't really think of any other reason why my simple leveling bot could get jailed.
The arrest happened around midnight GMT-7. GMs probably come around this time of the night, because that is when most people in the Americas are asleep and using the bot to level or hunt. The most likely situation, however, is that they have GMs working day or night shifts at each server, so botting during the day could also be caught.

So how do they get caught? Arrest packets? Flagging chars who possibly use a bot? GMs being extra suspicious after the whole BJX ordeal? All of the above?

Hopefully we can find the pattern and exploit it.

Old   #3

I will bump this, may be usefull later.