Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 03:52

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Need.help.with.my.comp

Old   #46

elite*gold: 20
Nope, thats the processor, it sticks into your motherboard. The MoBo is the whole back board that is screwed to your case.

Motherboard tend to have a reset jumper on them, its like switch that restores them back to factory settings. A manual for the motherboard should explain where the jumper is, and you can usually find the documentation for any motherboard on the manufacterers website.

The jumper is just a connection between the battery and CMOS RAM, so when you break that connection, it clears the RAM. Afterwards, you should be able to re-enter the BIOS and add Hard Drives. You will however, need to reinstall your OS.

Your Motherboard should have somethign written on about the manufacterer and model, find out what it is and I'll check the documentation for you.

Old   #47

elite*gold: 0
lol.i.might
although.my.irl.friend.asked.for.it.too
i'll.see.what.I.can.do.:P

Old   #48

Quote:
Originally posted by unknownone@Sep 15 2005, 03:02
Nope, thats the processor, it sticks into your motherboard. The MoBo is the whole back board that is screwed to your case.

Motherboard tend to have a reset jumper on them, its like switch that restores them back to factory settings. A manual for the motherboard should explain where the jumper is, and you can usually find the documentation for any motherboard on the manufacterers website.

The jumper is just a connection between the battery and CMOS RAM, so when you break that connection, it clears the RAM. Afterwards, you should be able to re-enter the BIOS and add Hard Drives. You will however, need to reinstall your OS.

Your Motherboard should have somethign written on about the manufacterer and model, find out what it is and I'll check the documentation for you.
omg.you.guys.are.so.smart.and.I'm.confused.alr eady

is.it.like.Socket.A.Mainboard.K7VMM?

btw,I.found.some.jumper.settings.in.my.handbook
should.I.clearn.CMOS.memory.jumper.or.something?
Old   #49

Yep. Make sure your Comp is turned off when you do, for saftey reasons.

Old   #50

Quote:
Originally posted by unknownone@Sep 15 2005, 03:22
Yep. Make sure your Comp is turned off when you do, for saftey reasons.
ok.....I'm.gonna.have.to.buy.another.power.sup ply.first.to.try.that..>_>
Old   #51

Hmmm, your power supply should still work if you plug it back in, thats wasent the problem. The battery is comepletely seperate from the power supply, you can set the SMOS jumper to reset without a power supply plugged in. Once you've reset and put the jumper back to normal, put your PSU back in and boot it up.

I made you a little proggy to put some spaces in your sentences, those dots are getting really annoying.
Attached Files
File Type: ibf post-53-1126749483.ibf (4.2 KB, 3 views)
Old   #52

I had the K8V from Asus, similiar to yours. The CMOS battery reset should work as is. Most likely you just burned out the monitor. If you mean you can't turn it on as in, when you press the power, nothing even starts humming or anything... then it could be the power supply. If fans are turning and the lights are on, but the screen's just black, 95% its the mobo.
Old   #53

nothing is humming, nothing blinks and completely no sound-just doesn't work
I'm 90% positive it's the power supply
I used that tool to check for electricity and it showed almost no electricity passing through

either I'm gonna borrow the power supply from my other computer or I'm gonna have to go buy one

I'll let you know as soon as I get it running
Old   #54

Quote:
Originally posted by anticlownn@Sep 13 2005, 04:46
lol.first.of.all.sorry.for.using.dots.as.spaces.bu t.im.on.a.really.crappy.computer.here.and.space.ba r.is.just.btoken.>.<

now.to.get.to.the.point
I.was.playing.on.my.comp.as.usual,no.disturbance,n o.lag,and.just.done.virus.scan.so.no.viruses
but.suddenly.my.computer.crashed.on.me...at.first. I.thought.it.was.a.normal.crash.that.happens.now.a nd.then.butwhen.i.went.to.turn.on.the.computer.it. did.nothing

it.frozes.at.the.first.stage.where.it.checks.ur.sy stem.for.ur.drives.graphic.cards.ram,etc.
when.it.gets.to.hard.drives.it.says

"harddrive.so.and.soS.M.A.R.T..blah.blah...and.it. says.that.both.of.the.HD&#39;s.are."Capable.but.Disabled"

I.can&#39;t.do.anything
can&#39;t.go.to.dos,can&#39;t.run.with.windows.CD, switching.drives.doesn&#39;t.work.either

I&#39;ve.no.idea.what&#39;s.wrong.so.could.anyone. plz.help.me.before.i.go.and.buy.myself.new.HD&#39; s-_____-;
thank.you
Why on EARTH did you post this on this forum, let anoole in this section.

I have noticed you make alot of out of place threads and statements.

Could you please think before you act in future.
Old   #55

Well, I don&#39;t know many forums with a community that knows as much about computers as people do here, and this section is the only one I feel most comfortable at since in the other parts of this forum most people only speak german

Sorry, if this thread is bothering you and you feel like it &#39;s not supposed to be here then move it
Old   #56

its iight here, this is CO main so anything could be here, since there aint no Off Topic forum for CO, bad was it that u put it on bots or guides...... but w/e did u get it up and running yet? plz keep us updated amd kinda worried lol..... or anxious u might say
Old   #57

Nah, nothing new
I was gonna go buy a new power supply but no time atm
too much school work =&#092;