Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 18:03

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

How can we get a Gem sound?

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
I was wondering if a met drop and there is a met sound. How can we enable us that once we mined a gem how can we ensure we have a "nice" sound to inform us we mined a gem? I know this might have asked before... but I am wondering whether this is possible or not.

Old   #2

Quote:
Originally posted by germanharpt@Sep 3 2005, 23:39
I was wondering if a met drop and there is a met sound. How can we enable us that once we mined a gem how can we ensure we have a "nice" sound to inform us we mined a gem? I know this might have asked before... but I am wondering whether this is possible or not.
making a proggy to read the memory every certain time, if it finds some gem id then it will beepor groar or whatever

Old   #3

Its kinda hard though, it would be alot easyer if there was already existing sound for a gem, theres a drop sound..but..lol.
Old   #4

why not use the met drop sound... you should know it's a gem and not a met, i haven't heard of people mining mets lately...

Old   #5

Quote:
Originally posted by ultimatedestroyer@Sep 4 2005, 16:55
Its kinda hard though, it would be alot easyer if there was already existing sound for a gem, theres a drop sound..but..lol.
Its a thought thou.. I mean if a person afking mining to do his work and when he mined a gem it makes some sound.. least it alert the miner..
Old   #6

that would be a good idea, even if you dont have a seperate noise for each gem.

The problem is mets dont make a noise in ur inventory only when they are dropped.

hehe sorry not helping much , if you do decide to make a memory checking one you could just let the user define sounds to keep the size down.
Old   #7

It is deffinatly a good idea, im not going against that, just a hard idea, I cant really think of a way to do it, if I could it would probably end up with some song attached it to. ^^
Old   #8

shouldn't be all that hard with a pixel-checker... but that would only work with one client... most likely.
Old   #9

Guys, this has been done before (Sorta )

coloader, it checkes for when you get the mesage "You cannot stop here", but instead makes you jump.

Now, Mine, find a gem, stop it on that, do all that fancy stuff and make it goto "play met sound"...

That should work, but im not going to do it becuse I cant
Old   #10

Lets say a macro of creating... by following cheapbastard on the pixel-checker, then following people pking, F12 and logs off. Feastable?
Old   #11

I don't think you can do it that way. Coloader finds the message and disables it from happening thus allowing you to jump. You can do it with any function. Which is how it prints the GM text to the screen. It won't work in a gem that way. You can also do this with "You cannot jump this far" but a serverside check causes you to disconnect.