Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 10:06

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

help pls see

Old   #16

elite*gold: 0
Somewhere I heard that Conquer Online is using no compression when sending data to your gfx card, and nowadays gfx cards dont have a big enough bandwidth to handle so much data.
When I run 3 clients it runs fine for some minutes, but then it keeps freezing my computer for a few seconds then continues like usual.

TQ could've at least used basic feautures to fasten up their game.
Look for example at the main screen, it's running a GetDlgItemText() in an endless loop with no delay, don't ask me why this is necessary.

Old   #17

Quote:
Originally posted by chocoman4k@Sep 2 2005, 22:31
Somewhere I heard that Conquer Online is using no compression when sending data to your gfx card, and nowadays gfx cards dont have a big enough bandwidth to handle so much data.
When I run 3 clients it runs fine for some minutes, but then it keeps freezing my computer for a few seconds then continues like usual.

TQ could've at least used basic feautures to fasten up their game.
Look for example at the main screen, it's running a GetDlgItemText() in an endless loop with no delay, don't ask me why this is necessary.
can u suggest some ways to overcome this problem ?

Old   #18

my com is mayb 1 yr old ?

im not sure
Old   #19

I have seen this problem on the gf 4, somehow the problem is realted to the gf4 card i used to have one in my spare comp, but when upgraded mymain to a gf 6 i moved the old gf5 to the spare comp and it stoped rebooting and using multiple co windows. If i am correct you dont get a blue screen (memmory dump) it just resets right?

Old   #20

haha yeh my dell here does the dreaded blue screen if i try more than two clients for a long period of time.

But never just a reset like his.
Has anyone else found that co eats more resources over time?
Its all the "resources for later use" in my opinion.
Hope it works out for ya.
Old   #21

my com just straight away resets like hitting the reset button at ur cpu

scary >_<
Old   #22

you are just getting multiple irp calls that your pc cant handle
Old   #23

Quote:
Originally posted by sabbathin@Sep 3 2005, 12:37
you are just getting multiple irp calls that your pc cant handle
irp calls ?

i dun got any warnings recieved , the com just resets when i haf 3 accs on
Old   #24

my com dun resets even after opening 7 acc jus abit laggy maybe its due to the graphics card whether it can take it or nt
Old   #25

oh ya maybe u use mr teenie effect removal hack it may help as it reduces lags too in tg or wad so ever,thus ur com may nt reset again as usual
Old   #26

Jesus its been ages, still we anit fixed his problem..owerlf&#39;s solution seems interesting, I would try that.
Old   #27

Quote:
Originally posted by pWn0r+--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (pWn0r)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>my com is mayb 1 yr old ?

im not sure[/b]

age doesn&#39;t really matter (although i&#39;ve found they slow down a _bit_ as they age). For example, you could get dells cheapest **** pc, or get a highly tuned custom pc, after a year they&#39;d both be a year old but there&#39;s no comparison really...

<!--QuoteBegin--Scribe

haha yeh my dell here does the dreaded blue screen if i try more than two clients for a long period of time.

But never just a reset like his.
Has anyone else found that co eats more resources over time?
Its all the "resources for later use" in my opinion.
Hope it works out for ya.
[/quote]
Ya i have. It&#39;s particularly annoying for shopguys, but it&#39;s considerably better now that you can always find a spot... Still, i think there&#39;s a (or several) memory leak in CO.

Have you updated to the latest DirectX as well as the latest vid drivers? What about a format/reinstall?

I&#39;m not sure if that much can be done... the GeForce4 mx series is basically a GeForce2 (what the MX part signifies), which is quite an outdated card... Hell i bet it&#39;s not even DirectX8 hardware...
Old   #28

my directx is like 9.0 ( no sure but its around there )

latest if im not wrong
Old   #29

latest is 9.0c i think (well there&#39;s a summer update for developers but i don&#39;t think that&#39;s a retail release). pretty sure the setup proggy is like 250kb and it will see nothing needs to be updated so it&#39;s not a big download (or use start->run->dxdiag to see your version).

What about vid drivers? ... although for a GeForce 4 mx i can&#39;t imagine anything new coming out in the last year... or two.

*shrugs*
Old   #30

It&#39;s not the graphics cards.

It&#39;s the overheating. Most unexpected resets are caused by the computer overheating.