Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2
You last visited: Today at 05:00

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

re-installing problem

Discussion on re-installing problem within the Conquer Online 2 forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
i just uninstalled CO today, after ******** around with a few files...accidently backed up the edited file, instead of the original one >.< tried to go back through and fix it, but couldnt remember everythign i changed, so uninstalled it. redownloaded conquer, tried to install it, and i got an error. i remember reading somewhere that it doesnt like to uninstall sometimes, so you cant reinstall it without removing the registry for it. so i looked through it...didnt find anything related to conquer. tried again, same thing. then i deleted the entire CO folder and tried again, still no good. so i looked for the thing that was posted (on last page in this forum), and tried that...still no good.

so i decided to ask you peoples, to see what you know, and/or what the problem is, and how i can fix it.

ill post a screenshot of the error
Attached Images
File Type: jpg post-53-1125295039.jpg (118.7 KB, 0 views)
Old 08/29/2005, 10:57   #2

If you pressed ok did it start back up?

Is the problem that it would fully install again right?

I cant see why running a full uninstall wouldnt get rid of everything, I know Kitsune has a uninstaller for conquer maybe try that..

Hope that helps!
Old 08/29/2005, 11:03   #3

yup try kitsune one

incase u r lazy to search..

any other problems post here or if it doesnt work

btw nice desktop =P
Old 08/29/2005, 11:08   #4
NyaR

i was having the same problem today, it was fixed by opening the "C:&#092;Documents and Settings&#092;All Users&#092;Start Menu&#092;Programs&#092;Conquer 1.0" folder and doubleclicking the unisntall shortcut from there. The error only happened when i launched the shortcut directly from the start menu.

You could always apply the reg thats in the stickies and delete the folder manually though

Old 08/29/2005, 14:41   #5

Haha thats windows for you...
Old 08/30/2005, 16:46   #6

Quote:
Originally posted by ultimatedestroyer
If you pressed ok did it start back up?

Is the problem that it would fully install again right?

I cant see why running a full uninstall wouldnt get rid of everything, I know Kitsune has a uninstaller for conquer maybe try that..

Hope that helps!
it closed.

if you meant wouldnt, then yes.

and i tried that

Quote:
yup try kitsune one

incase u r lazy to search..

any other problems post here or if it doesnt work

btw nice desktop =P
lol, thanks :P

and i already tried that, it didnt do anything. also tried going through my registry. searched through EVERYTHING...spent about an hour doing so, didnt see a single thing that was in any way related to conquer. then i found the search button (lmao), searched for conquer, didnt find anything, searched for CO, afterwards, still nothing.

Quote:
i was having the same problem today, it was fixed by opening the "C:&#092;Documents and Settings&#092;All Users&#092;Start Menu&#092;Programs&#092;Conquer 1.0" folder and doubleclicking the unisntall shortcut from there. The error only happened when i launched the shortcut directly from the start menu.

You could always apply the reg thats in the stickies and delete the folder manually though
i already uninstalled it though.

i also tried restarting my computer (i had to, because i changed some settings on my computer, that required it, as well as liveupdtae (i should sue symantic...) that also required me to restart, if that means anything. then tried again, still no good

im gonna try re- extracting it (other then the data2.cab, too big, and i dont feel like waiting for it, lol, and that is the problem its definatly not in that file.) maybe that will work...probebly not though and of course i have system restore of (note the 2 virus remover thingies at the top >.> ) so i cant try that.

well if anyone has any ideas of what i could do to get it to reinstall, im here to listen ^.^
Old 08/30/2005, 20:42   #7

sorry for the double post ( )

re extracted it (didnt redownload it) tried again, and got it

now i can (finally...missed an entire day of playing hehe) play again, and i apreciate everyone (unhelpfull) help lol...well, you tried :P
Old 08/31/2005, 01:30   #8

Glad its working for ya