Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 01:05

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Item Alarm Idea

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
This is my idea, some sort of item alarm that will tell you when you receive a +1 or elite or something. Ive read somewhere else that the item description thing cant tell you +1s becuz +1s are on the server side or something. But what if there was a way for something to check you inventory for you every time you pick up a good item, just something thats scans the invent, then the item button you press to get into your inventory starts flashing if there is a good item. I dunno if this is possible or not cuz i dont know much about it. I think it would be possible because everything would be done on client side. Maybe scan through the invent search for a specific colour of good item(ie. +1s, ref, uni, eli, super colours).

Old   #2

if it were possible it will be extremely helpful just hope someone can try this

Old   #3
NyaR

GREAT IDEA: some sort of alarm!

ur genius! too bad you havent really thought of anything other then a concept, which you havent even backed with any research or knowledge. The idea is impractical, it doesnt make sense and cannot be done in the way you think.

Old   #4

^
Rofl-So true

Wtf, I got -1 karma for agreeing with someone

Seriously people need to stop taking my karma for no good reasons I mean Gees, take a look at my records...

Old   #5

haha your funny all i said it was was an idea, maybe you should have read the post. i did say i didnt know much about it. i was simply wundering if it would be possible. and besides the multi tool can scan the area and collect the names of ppl in it, it can also find something within a certain radius. so why cant something check the inventory, explain to me why it cant before you start bashing my ideas.
Old   #6
NyaR

because youd have to open your inventory and scan over every item, unless they implement a new method which hasnt been present in any public programs

Old   #7

Jeeze give the guy a break, He's only trying to put forward an idea.
I think its a good one if it's possible.
Old   #8

at least be original :? i already posted this concept a while ago
Old   #9

well thats what i was talking about if someone could devise a new method of checking inventory this would be an extremly helpful program, i mean sure the itemtype.dat thing works great if ya dont care about +1s. it is probable that this could work. (anything is probable though lol) im gunna try and do some research on this and figure it out just so i know if it can work. if anyone has any tips on where to start plz tell me it would be helpful.

edit* sorry i didnt realize someone already posted this concept and did you get anywhere with it cuz its still a good idea
Old   #10

posibly reading ever "memory" address of each item maybe there is a +1 thing in there but you know...Im n00b at memory

Who knows, I think if there was a memory adress for every item slot you could make it run through every one of the 40 spots and check for +1 if it found one it would give off a sound or something.
Old   #11

I mean like...****! Press shift. Alarm? Its useless. People can easily see the weapon quality.Just press shift or the Show Name. Unless you are thinking of a sound like a meteor? Like *boom* for super, *crash* for elite, *twinkle* for uni, and *tick* for refined?Could be a good idea. For those who are lazy. I could make one though, but i need it to shown on the screen.That means you hafta show the name of item before it lets out a sound.
Old   #12

he is not as bad as u all thought he is.. see the spell trainer and all those he made im sure those ppl critising him (Hojo) is not as skilled as he is
Old   #13

I have used the spell trainer it rocks!
Old   #14

I dont know for sure, but I thought +1's were "made" on pickup, I never looked at the packets of picking up +1's, but if there is some rythm, you maybe could make a program that gives a beep if it recieves a packet with the certain code..
Old   #15

Quote:
Originally posted by DeathWalker@Aug 8 2005, 14:59
I mean like...****! Press shift. Alarm? Its useless. People can easily see the weapon quality.Just press shift or the Show Name. Unless you are thinking of a sound like a meteor? Like *boom* for super, *crash* for elite, *twinkle* for uni, and *tick* for refined?Could be a good idea. For those who are lazy. I could make one though, but i need it to shown on the screen.That means you hafta show the name of item before it lets out a sound.
naw i was really mostly talking about +1s not refs or anything, i agree that that would be useless cuz of the itemtype.dat thing, but for +1s man it would be kickazz seriously if anyone knows of place to find resourses on reading the memory or anything that might have something to do with this either post on here or email me at