Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 14:41

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

TQ Fixing Packet Abuse?

Old   #1

elite*gold: 20
Received Thanks: 2,252
Is it me or does it seem that TQ is trying to fix the Packet abuse? They haven't released new patches for a long time. The last pacth I see is 4274 on the website. I think think their working to make new encryption for packets or at least fixing somehow. Hurry up and use those packets for good use before they fix them. What is your oppinion on this?

Thanks
1 User
Old   #2

elite*gold: 0
i love the auto poter of the multitool i hope they dont fix that =D

Old   #3

With all the brilliant minds here, we will get around and even do better stuff with whatever "fix" they apply to CO
Old   #4

You can't expect TQ to do anything about it since they pay their programmers 3 bowls of rice a week.

Old   #5

Acctually, They *might* be working on a fix for it.
Old   #6

i think they work on CO2 thats why
Old   #7

Received Thanks: 1,311
but co 2 as the same encryption as i already sent valid packets from the co 2 client
Old   #8

They aren't working on CO2 either. They haven't released patches for some time now. I just hope they dont start fixing everything. What they Might be doing is also tracking down hackers, and either banned their ISP if they have cable or banning their IPs. Somehow they are still trying to fix this. I can see that.
Old   #9

I got my IP banned last night >.>
Old   #10

The worst thing they can do is to totally change the encryption so we have to reverse it again, as most tools just emulate the conquer online encryption. But that's no problem as I found out that there is a way to have it decrypted/sent without having to use the actual algorithm, no problem with me to share this with others. (Only works with .dll injection)

And of course they will add server side checks for dance, super effects etc. so abuse it as long as it works

But in the end, I think we will win this cat and mouse game, we are doing this for fun and not for profit, our coders outnumber CO authors and not to mention that probably all of our coders are twice as clever as the CO authors :P

In near future we will probably be able to make packet based bots and even whole clients that don't even need the CO client in order to control your character.

As for me, I am waiting for TQ to fix some bugs and/or release CO2 so I can focus on the working tricks and find new ones.

KitsunePaws: They totally banned your IP range? Or do you have a static IP?
Old   #11

@KitsunePaws
IP banned? What did you do? Not even I got my IP banned yet. Did you get into server database again?

@chocoman4k
True about our coders being more clever then their authors. But the thing is they have the server, so they can make it P2P, or they can do anything. They could even add mail registration and P2P so we can't hack. I'm affraid of them making Conquer P2P. I sure hope that doesnt happen.
Old   #12

XtremeX-CO:
I hardly think P2P would make anything harder, it will remain the same just maybe some P2P bugs added.
P2P is just the way the data is being transferred, you can get more infos here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/P2P
Mail registration? That shouldn't be a problem, email boxes is the thing mostly available on the internet next to ads. :P
If they make this game a paygame, it will be time for me to stop reversing it.
Old   #13

I know what p2p is lol. I mean pay to play. MAny people will leave. Even if the DB rates will go higher. I alredy pay for many games. I dont think i would afford another 9.99 per month. Plus that would stop hackers. Since no more noobs, no more nothing, it would be really useless to makl hacks for a game that people dont pay anything to get stuff like u pay to get gold on WoW. Hackers would definatly (forgot to 2 spell) make hacks so you can get gold and then use them private and sell the gold. Conquer isn't one of these games where you pay to get something (except db) from an outside source.
Old   #14

haha. I got around it I had to change the MAC addy on my router and then my isp's DHCP took care of the rest But they banned my IP address because.. well you know that invalid char hack thing going around? Well.. think about the pain in the *** it is when ONE person does it. Now think about what happened to the Lion account when there were 7 invalid chars logged in, one at each city. For about 2 hours >.>
Old   #15

chaos, mayham, confusion, loads of emails to gms AND a lot of spam on official forums
*is happy he plays emerald*