Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2
You last visited: Today at 22:27

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

5065 client FPS drop

Discussion on 5065 client FPS drop within the Conquer Online 2 forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
5065 client FPS drop

Ok I've got a hard one for you guys.

I use a 5065 client and when I have chat on my screen my FPS drops dramatically. 5-7 FPS PER LINE.

With no chat I easily reach my 60 FPS limit

Changed font, and font styling size etc. nothing helps.

A while back I tried to uninstall Left 4 Dead and it ****** up a couple fonts (Deleted the regular style) and made my client font be forced to italics and that solved the problem. But if i make the font be italic via font.ini the problem remains.

Any ideas?

Win7x64 DX11
Old 12/02/2009, 09:51   #2

elite*gold: 106
Received Thanks: 1,164
Reinstall CO.
Old 12/03/2009, 03:08   #3

elite*gold: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huseby View Post
Reinstall CO.
Figured it out. In font.ini I had Arial and arial wasn't there event hough I could still use it (Since it was loaded into memory in windows I guess) but on the filesystem it was gone. The co client defaults to Courier New if the selected font doesnt exist, but still tries to use the font in font.ini for each line of text so the error handling has to kick in each time text is drawn causing a drop in fps.