Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 10:48

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

[Bug] Reborn Guards

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
sorry.. i've posted this in the wrong section

i've made a new thread in the other forum:

Old   #2

ok well that thread got locked, because they thought i was asking a question >_>
anyway, here it is:

Quote:
alright well i've searched for ages and i can't find any information about the reborn guard exploit.

from what i know, this bug:

1) causes mobs to be "stuck" when they pass over a certain spot

2) also causes town guards to stop attacking flashing people (unless the town guard is killed) until next maint?

its possible that one is different to the other, but im sure they're quite similar. i can't seem to find any information on how to do either, though.

i've tried letting the guard die, lagging myself, and other things, but i can't seem to get it to work at all.

any suggestions/tips?

any assistance would be appreciated.
thanks.

Old   #3

i dunno how to make the mobs get stuck, but i see it happen all the time.

to make a guard stop attacking I THINK you have to kill the guard and have sumone summon there reborn guard where the actual guard spawns and then it wont attack or something like that :? not to sure
Old   #4

Quote:
Originally posted by whitespyder@Jul 11 2005, 03:29
i dunno how to make the mobs get stuck, but i see it happen all the time.

to make a guard stop attacking I THINK you have to kill the guard and have sumone summon there reborn guard where the actual guard spawns and then it wont attack or something like that :? not to sure
i've tried that...

all that happens is that when the town guard respawns, your reborn guard just moves out of the way >_>

anyway i&#39;d much rather see a solution to the mob guard bug >_<

any ideas?

Old   #5

First I would like to apologize to WebmasterM for accidently using his account to post something... How this happened I have no idea. So sorry ps:
Quote:

actually i was careful with what i said.

basically i stated what i knew, and asked if anyone wanted to add anything that they knew, in the hope that eventually a solution could be reached. then, it would obviously become a valuable thread in this forum because it has not been posted elsewhere.

hence, the topmost purpose for this thread is to give information about the exploit that is surrounding the reborn guard.

if you&#39;re not going to help contribute, please don&#39;t waste everyone&#39;s time and bandwidth with stupid images composed in paint.

This post has been edited by neoy2k on Yesterday 18:58
@blue
If you were careful of what you said, we would not have this problem.

@red
Your description of the bug sounds more like an identifier

@purple
Okay when you ask something, it implies that you want an answer (or a soulution if it is stated in a problem form), that is unless it is rhetorical, in which case it is a pointless post.

@orange
If the "topmost purpose for this thread is to give information about the exploit" then why does your post only contain 2 pieces of information on the topic, and end in a question?

@yellow
I have contributed to this forum, and I resent that statement.

@gray
I am sorry if I used up too much of anyone&#39;s time or bandwith with a 64 KB image.

@green
Paint is great for dealing with this type of situation. I wouldn&#39;t want to actually boot up Fireworks MX for this stuff. Also, notice that in all caps under the red announcement sign it says "DO NOT POST QUESTIONS IN THIS FORUM&#33;&#33;&#33;"? I just figured a visual would help you a bit seeing as how you missed that.

@KP
yay Kitsune Paws is back&#33;&#33; Hope you got your issues worked out&#33;

@topic
Well I have seen this happen in BI. Maybe we could edit the pet.dat file and make it so it doesn&#39;t move out of the way. The mob thing, it could be that a Summoned guard there on a disconnect.

P.S. When did my status get changed to "still a nubf00"?
Old   #6

Quote:
Originally posted by roundknot@Jul 11 2005, 05:58
@topic
Well I have seen this happen in BI. Maybe we could edit the pet.dat file and make it so it doesn&#39;t move out of the way. The mob thing, it could be that a Summoned guard there on a disconnect.
i&#39;ve tried exitting (not disconnecting) when my guard is under attack by mobs, it didn&#39;t seem to work.

i&#39;m going to try disconnecting by jumping back and forward and see if this makes any difference.

edit: nope, still didn&#39;t work.

anything else?
Old   #7

From what I understand, the guard must DIE where you want the mob to be stuck, so say your gaurd dies at 52, 450. Well then, those co-ords will be a "stuck" spot until server maint. But... I do believe that it got fixed a while back.
Old   #8

Quote:
Originally posted by KitsunePaws@Jul 11 2005, 10:39
From what I understand, the guard must DIE where you want the mob to be stuck, so say your gaurd dies at 52, 450. Well then, those co-ords will be a "stuck" spot until server maint. But... I do believe that it got fixed a while back.
yeah i&#39;ve heard that from a lot of people, but i don&#39;t think that method works anymore - i let my guard die several times to mobs, but it had no effect.

yet, i&#39;ve counted twice today where i&#39;ve accidently made a "stuck" spot by just jumping around at red devils with my guard.
it only lasts about half an hour at the most, from what i can tell - but i&#39;m positive it doesn&#39;t last until maint like it used to.

the only common factor that i&#39;ve managed to determine is that it only seems to work near ledges (eg. stairs at red devils), and it happens sometime after i jump up or down them.

on another note, the town guard bug is still very very much possible, i have recently seen entire cities having broken guards quite often..
Old   #9

bump >_>
Old   #10

Last night I was in Mystic Castle, killing ****** bats.... and they all got STUCK. I&#39;m not RB, nor were there any RB&#39;s fighting there... no RB&#39;s even came past (not with a guard out anyway) yet the bats got mysteriously stuck, and remained so for about 2 hours.

Also, two nights ago in Ape City, the guard broke, and stayed broken for about an hour. We (as in everyone in AC) kept killing it repeatedly until it "woke up" and pwnt us all.... explain that one :S
Old   #11

i have no idea =/

maybe the new version of this bug is.. completely random
Old   #12

awww that would suck. Well I will keep a look out on stuck guards...
Old   #13

bump

havent figured anything out yet
Old   #14

i think to get the mobs stuck.. u let the mobs hit your guard then you hop away then the guard will follow you and it makes the mob stuck somehow.. i did it a couple of times. Oh any of you encounter glitches in pc where the lvl 97 bandits are? Well i was killing them with the guard then i hopped into the platform and the guard was in there too and when i jumped out to kill the bandit it killed me for some reason and i get disconnected. It happened a couple of times
Old   #15

Well it happened to me once, but I am not RB so I am not sure if having a guard does it... maybe it is just random