Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 01:05

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

An idea for +1 items

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
I had an idea, reading about all the packet editing etc etc...

From what I gather, sending packets is VERY specific when it comes to, say.... picking something up... You need to be at (X,Y) coods, and the item has to be (Z) item.
IE you record a packet of you picking up a Van Sword at coordinates 364,457... This will only ever work if there is acctually a Van Sword laying on the ground at 364,457... so you can't just walk around picking up van swords all over the place.

I read somewhere else in the epvp forums that things like compose and socket qualities (IE +1 etc) are decided by the server on pickup...

SO:
Here is the idea...

1- Record Packets...Pickup item from X,Y location. Without moving check to see if its common +1, if not, stop recording packets, drop item and move on. Find next item and repeat. Do this until you find a COMMON item thats +1.

*Common meaning it can be bought from a blacksmith or something

2- Once you have the +1 item, and have recorded the packets of you collecting the item, write down your coords and the item you collected for future refrence.

3- Decrypt packet of you picking up the "fresh" item from that location

4- Go buy another of the same common item from the local town, and go back to your coords....

5- Drop the item, then send the rencrypted packet of you picking up the "new item" and hopefully, it would be a +1 again? If not, maybe just repeat the process of dropping, and activation the "pick up new item that ive never picked up before" packet

Maybe this would work? Maybe it's a waste of time? Maybe I'm barking up the wrong tree? Maybe I have no idea and need to STFU?
If anyone see's what I'm trying to think of here... make any suggestions to evolve the idea...
Paying 1kk for a +1 item is rediculous. I figure this would be a less obvious way of making money/better items without conjuring up 300kk gold, or 25 DB's....

Old   #2

Sounds like a good idea to me, but I'm a noob seems more like an Ultimate job

Old   #3

You seem to know more about it then me.
Old   #4

I suggested something like this to my friend, not in such great detail but yea that was the idea... here never did look into it though. I'm positive it'd work, but they most likely have a server side check. If someone is willing to look into it that'd be nice.

Old   #5

It might work if we could specify in the pickup packet that we pick up a +1 item. I will try it later when I'm not tired.
Old   #6

Received Thanks: 1,308
tried it, and it doesnt work, i cant understand how the client works out the + number, as a recieving packet does not contain it :\
Old   #7

Then it must be sending the extended informations when it is being dropped by a monster/player. This could make it possible to see +1 items on the floor.
Old   #8

im pretty sure its not possible... simply because theres ALOT of information about the item held on the server... and the item code simply checks it with the server. For example you can pick up 3 items all exactly the same but they have different attack etc.
Old   #9

elite*gold: 20
I've not really used BJX to test this out, but I recall you can select which items to pick up, and (+1) items are in the list. Does BJX pick up all items and discard any that arent +1? or does it know they are +1 before grabbing?
Old   #10

Received Thanks: 1,308
i wil look into this
:P
Old   #11

Quote:
Originally posted by unknownone@Aug 22 2005, 22:18
I've not really used BJX to test this out, but I recall you can select which items to pick up, and (+1) items are in the list. Does BJX pick up all items and discard any that arent +1? or does it know they are +1 before grabbing?
when you choose the (+1) Item option in bjx.. the bot will pick up "all" items, normal and +1