Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 05:56

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Item Duplication Bug?

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Last night I was in market, putting things in my warehouse. I had some crappy items in my invertory that I wanted to just throw on the ground, and i sort of made a retarded click with my mouse on this crappy Tao Shark Cap (normal) and sort of click/dragged it to an adjacent square in my inventory.... BOOM. 2 caps. i picked one up and put it on, and put the other in my inventory.... still 2 caps... i dropped one on the ground, then the other... still 2 caps..... i put them both back in my inventory.... 1 cap dissappeared.

WTF is this, and has it happened to anyone else?

I should have tried to sell them both to the pharmasist in Market or something to see if I could have "doubled my money".... too bad it wasn't a super item or something :?

Old   #2

Oohhh i see some exploits coming if we can reproduce this. I will try this when I can connect to servers!

Old   #3

it is onli client side its a stupid old bug
Old   #4

you can dont move duplicated items so wont dissapear quick but you will have them only till next dc/re-log into the game.

Old   #5

eh stupid client side glitches. make us think we have something...
Old   #6

Yeah I messed around for ages last night trying to duplicate the bug... sure enough I got it to work, but you are right.... as soon as you DC and RC, the "duplicated" item is gone. BummxX0rs
Old   #7

lol bit like going to pharmacist and draging pot to next spot i did it and i made like 2 stanchers kinda weird? shame it wasnt a super 2 socket club but hey...
Old   #8

Quote:
Originally posted by soldjahboy@Jun 30 2005, 04:33
Yeah I messed around for ages last night trying to duplicate the bug... sure enough I got it to work, but you are right.... as soon as you DC and RC, the "duplicated" item is gone. BummxX0rs
One thing you should try is trading the duped item to another character, preferrable another one of your own, see if it stays then.
Old   #9

elite*gold: 20
Received Thanks: 2,252
how could u drop it? if it was duped client sided, and dropped it it would have autmatticly dissapeared.
Old   #10

Quote:
Originally posted by XtremeX-CO@Jul 11 2005, 20:52
how could u drop it? if it was duped client sided, and dropped it it would have autmatticly dissapeared.
It should have, but didn't for whatever reason... major lag? server conjestion? who knows....