Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 17:59

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Editing Zoom?

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
I seriously doubt its server side but would it be possible to edit so you can zoom out even more to cover a wider area of monsters.

say if your looking for a special monster like MountMonster but you can only see so far.

I would try it but Don't know where to start and I don't know C++ or editing hex.

Old   #2

i also think is a clinet side thing and so slutabe if you can reqrite/change your client. but if you're only looking for a single monster you can also use the from coder62. really nice piece of work and it will look for the mountmonster in your case with the range of shiftscreen.

Old   #3

I know where they spawn I just want to cover more gound by zooming out.
Old   #4

there is a hack like that for runescape, that same hack could possibly work for conquer

For you guys that used to play runescape.. the hack would let you see everyone from varrock until falador, but then after that everything goes black.

Old   #5

Ummmm, I dont beleive that will work. Because I beleive that the monsters that show up around you and veiw of every object is server-side. Ever notice when you jump sometimes, the monsters just pop out of nowhere, and when you scroll you cant see things that you know are there.

Maybe you can change it to give you a LITTLE advantage, but nothing like zooming 2x more or ne thing.
Old   #6

then if It can be done for runescape it can be done for Conquer.
Old   #7

Quote:
Originally posted by b33asy@Jun 22 2005, 01:16
Ummmm, I dont beleive that will work. Because I beleive that the monsters that show up around you and veiw of every object is server-side. Ever notice when you jump sometimes, the monsters just pop out of nowhere, and when you scroll you cant see things that you know are there.

Maybe you can change it to give you a LITTLE advantage, but nothing like zooming 2x more or ne thing.
Thats lagg.
Old   #8

I think you can zoom out more, but you wont be able to see much far, since you only get monster positions for a certain area of the map, this is server-side.
But still, the area we see is smaller than we receive, which allow us to use that button to see a screen away from us, so basically we have 9 screens and we're in the middle. Like this:
So zooming out would help.. but I think that would have to be changed directly into the .exe of the game, just like in RO clients. But I have no idea how to look for the right address to edit, but might be possible and useful. ^^
Old   #9

I also wish there was a config for CO

Old   #10

I made this program before...max zoom i could do was like..an inch more..then the people went away =/

i reformatted my cpu for clean-up tho

(stupid me)

just posting to tell you all its possible...somwhat
Old   #11

Received Thanks: 1,308
when the monsters appear they are server sided so the server works out ur location and loads the monsters around you therefore even if u make the zoom see an entire map you would not see the monsters.
Old   #12

but shouldn't you see the monsters in range of shift screen? the server must have loaded them allready to clientmemory, cause i don't think you're client submit you're screenstatus everytime you shift around. and if those monsters woulnd't be in cache allready the multitool wouldn't be able to find it. so i would say shift screen is the limit of a possible zoom out.

but as my titlel says, i'm just a Newbie, ultimate is the pro here. so he knows better what is possible and what not.
Old   #13

try changing the size of your screen. if you have a a screen for example with the size of 1280x1024, change the conquer screen size to that too
Old   #14

lol I always use that resolution
Old   #15

How do you change Conquer to bigger than 1024x768? Please share! I use 1600x1200... can it go that big? Cause I program in 1024, but I don't like to go full screen cause it promotes crashing on my system.