Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2
You last visited: Today at 23:12

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

What is happening to EPVP - Conquer Section

Discussion on What is happening to EPVP - Conquer Section within the Conquer Online 2 forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Received Thanks: 1,565
What is happening to EPVP - Conquer Section

Would someone like to give me a headsup with this section?

Why does it exist?

Apart from a few programmers that are left. It has become a Q&A forum?
I remember years ago when this forum was pretty decent, great community and had people willing to learn, But recently this section has just become overwhelmed with Questions, people not using search. Overflow of private servers wich are ALL the same.

General / Editing - Tools
Has no one ever thought of putting all the tools in 1 place?
Why do we have 50 million Dat file encrypters/decrypters..
Why do we have 10 million DBC Converters?? (Wich are completely obsolete because of tqs WDB Tool)

Private Server Section

Guys have you ever considered rather than having 9999999999999999 private servers running with 1 - 2 players , it would be better for everyone to get there collective minds (English Speakers) and have 1 private server with 9999999999999999 players?

Think about it.

Administrators/Moderators
Administrators
Hey Admins, i know your always looking to increase your member count here. But i really think you guys need to clean this section up, sort it out. Get rid of people who litterely just come here ask 1 question wait for an answer and then dissapear forever.

Moderators
As far as i know... There is only 1 active moderator (i could be wrong)
In the case that i am right, How about getting some more????

Conclusion
Either sort this **** out. Or close the section, because the state its in at the minute is completely useless.

100,000's Questions, But no answers.. Why? People apparently hate the search button.... (Make it bigger?), Don't let someone create a new thread untill they have atleast 5 likes from another post.. (So they have to contribute something before they can spam).

Am i missing something?
Thanks
5 Users
Old 07/09/2015, 04:27   #2

elite*gold: 12
Received Thanks: 4,114
Well... I definitely feel the same way about section organization and membership, but it's a bit too late to change things up. I don't think the administrators would prioritize something like that, especially when the members are already used to the current format. There are other communities you can submit your feedback to. Are you still interested in Conquer Online development, Ult?
Old 07/11/2015, 00:02   #3

elite*gold: 21
Received Thanks: 5,376
I'd be 'fine' with re-applying for mod and keeping it clean (I'm on here enough anyways) but I've not exactly been polite in my responses the last 6 months (to the swarm of stupid requests) and there's also technically a rule against any staff member owning a pserver.

As for the actual forum organization, it could definitely use a revamp. There's no reason for a billion random sub sections honestly.

Conquer Discussion (includes both real game and pservers)
Conquer Development (includes both real game and conquer)
Conquer Bots/Hacks/Tools/Exploits/Scams/etc (Include all releases of bots, hacks, tools, frameworks, tutorials in one place)
Private Server Releases
Private Server Ads

Honestly I think there NEEDS to be an 'approved' servers list. Servers with active development, solid foundation or other pre-set requirements could be stickied, maybe even make arrangements with epvp for them to cycle through a 'top voted' server as being a global in the conquer section each week. I'm so sick of going into the pserver section and seeing 10 new 'omg best server ever full translate such fix' type servers while servers that actually are pretty decent get no exposure and get burred in that trash.

I've always said epvp would be the PERFECT site to start a proper top100 network that didn't suck. Right now xtremetop100 is the only one worth using for conquer and it's a shitshow (makes epvp forums look stable by comparison)

<edit>

Another huge complaint which might not be an easy fix is that the search system here sucks. I'm guessing the system is purging old archived posts and topics but I have a hell of a time finding any of my old posts even when I know exactly what I'm searching for.
Old 07/11/2015, 05:37   #4

Oh, please do apply. I don't want to keep overloading JP, but I also have no interest in becoming a mod again. If you have an interest, I'll definitely put in my good word for you.
Old 07/11/2015, 17:34   #5

elite*gold: 21
Received Thanks: 5,376
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirited View Post
Oh, please do apply. I don't want to keep overloading JP, but I also have no interest in becoming a mod again. If you have an interest, I'll definitely put in my good word for you.
Technically mods are not allowed to be part of any pserver project which is stupid because if someone has the experience, knowledge and time to be involved with conquer this late in its life span, chances are good that they are part of a pserver/paid project.

<edit>

If they feel they need someone, I've gone ahead and re-applied.
Old 07/11/2015, 20:22   #6

I miss the old CO sections
Old 07/12/2015, 02:01   #7

Old school CO is the better.
Old 07/12/2015, 02:52   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legbra View Post
Old school CO is the better.
Thanks for your contribution.
Old 07/12/2015, 13:30   #9

Received Thanks: 1,565
Quote:
Well... I definitely feel the same way about section organization and membership, but it's a bit too late to change things up. I don't think the administrators would prioritize something like that, especially when the members are already used to the current format. There are other communities you can submit your feedback to. Are you still interested in Conquer Online development, Ult?

Well to be honest, im kinda moving past the whole Conquer Scene, its pretty much just repeating stuff now, i haven't learnt anything new from it in a while.

Im now moving onto MVC (ASP.net) and Unity game development.
Old 07/12/2015, 16:13   #10

Received Thanks: 1,107
Quote:
Originally Posted by pro4never View Post
Honestly I think there NEEDS to be an 'approved' servers list. Servers with active development, solid foundation or other pre-set requirements could be stickied, maybe even make arrangements with epvp for them to cycle through a 'top voted' server as being a global in the conquer section each week. I'm so sick of going into the pserver section and seeing 10 new 'omg best server ever full translate such fix' type servers while servers that actually are pretty decent get no exposure and get burred in that trash.
^ this.

You've read my mind.

Players that still care about conquer private servers are overwhelmed by the amount of garbage servers that are out there, and they don't have a trusted list or source of information to tell them which ones are **** and which ones are actually worth playing.

Any way, Threads in the Guides/Releases section has to be approved by a mod first so I don't see why they can't make the pserver section work the same way.
Old 07/13/2015, 00:46   #11

in a nutshell here is what need to be done

1- motivate people to post decent stuff
2- stop people from posting dumb **** all over the forum
3- stop people from adv. ****** servers

i for one sees no good reason to post anything i've, i also am not willing to help some dumb lazy *** to debug an out of index exception

do that and i'm in
Old 07/13/2015, 01:12   #12

Well, looking at all section activity over the past week - it's been nearly all egy spam. I'm not just talking about a few posts, I'm talking about nearly, if not completely, 100% spam or "dumb posts". I really don't think changing the rules will help. It's just that our community is ******* ****. There are about 5 people still interested in programming here who do well on their own, and they're being constantly spammed by little ***** who only care about themselves. And what will an advert sticky do when the egys can't even find the client downloads thread? It's over. Good run everyone - but the Egys have taken over and ****** us over hard.
Thanks
1 User
Old 07/13/2015, 03:15   #13

elite*gold: 130
Quote:
Well, looking at all section activity over the past week - it's been nearly all egy spam. I'm not just talking about a few posts, I'm talking about nearly, if not completely, 100% spam or "dumb posts". I really don't think changing the rules will help. It's just that our community is ******* ****. There are about 5 people still interested in programming here who do well on their own, and they're being constantly spammed by little ***** who only care about themselves. And what will an advert sticky do when the egys can't even find the client downloads thread? It's over. Good run everyone - but the Egys have taken over and ****** us over hard.
From the back or front?
Thanks
1 User
Old 07/13/2015, 03:39   #14

Quote:
i really want to argue the stereotyping nevertheless it's mostly true but rules can and should put an end to that, moreover it won't hurt having maybe 4 threads a day by egys asking for spoon-feeding, meanwhile what hurt is not having any motive what so ever to answer them or post tutorials and guides

i say give developers a reason to release **** to public once more and see how it will all change, maybe egys ****** up but you also ****** up when you decided to start the underground (not you Spirited but whoever made the underground), you guys simply separated the forum with a private section for a few forcing any experienced or willing to work members to leave the forums, so yeah you should expect to end up with idiots for the sake of epvp reputation

in a nutshell, give people motive to boost the forum and release everything from the underground to here, that should make it somehow less ******
Old 07/13/2015, 04:23   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by turk55 View Post
From the back or front?
All angles.
Thanks
1 User