Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 04:03

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Monster.dat

Discussion on Monster.dat within the Conquer Online 2 forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Closed Thread

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
i know that theres an edited monster.dat file for small size treasure bird and big size meteordove. however i cant figure how to use hex editor to edit the dat files to change other monsters, so can i request someone who knows and in their free time to edit the size for me?
Old 05/31/2005, 14:44   #2

How about search button?
Old 05/31/2005, 15:01   #3

download the file, ure lazy if u still lazy to click on the link then forget it -.-
Old 05/31/2005, 15:13   #4

nope u got me wrong.. i already had that file which my friend sent me.. i wanted other monsters like hawkings and others to be small to reduce lag therefore requesting for someone who know how to edit to help me
Old 05/31/2005, 15:52   #5

0. some files can't be edited without closing all running instances of CO. dun think monsters.dat is one of em, but... well try and see.
1. get a hex editor. i use hhd hex editor but there are prolly better, just google.
2. look at monster.ini and find the line which you're looking for (for example, open with notepad, find (ctrl+f), type "hawking" and click find).
3. try and figure out what part of the line you're trying to edit (in this case, zoompercent).
4. make a backup of monster.dat (copy to desktop, rename monster.dat.bak, copy back to conquer1.0/ini folder)
5. edit (open in hex editor) monster.dat (not monster.dat.bak)
6. find the monster you're trying to change (hawking)
7. open calculator, set "View" to "Scientific"
8. enter the variable from 3 (zoompercent = 120; for hawking)
9. (in calculator) click 'Hex' (next to 'Dec'), you should convert 120 into 78.
10. (in calculator) click 'Dec', enter value you want zoom to change to (say 90), click 'Hex', and get 5A (it's a valid hex value just trust me).
11. back in your hex editor, right AFTER the "hawking" you found, look on the left side (or right, whichever has the hex code) for '78', and change it into '5A'.
12. Save file, open conquer, check if you didn't mess up.

PS: editing maxlife or level will do nothing but confuse your client (or rather, confuse the person using the client... might be fun to do on friend's pc?)

<edit>
PS2: i don't think it'll reduce lag (not much anyway). try removing effects or getting a better ISP...
PS3: don't make them too small, it's relly friggin annoying to click em then, unless you're an archer with scatter (for assholically small monsters see firerats, bloodybats, ...)
Old 05/31/2005, 16:14   #6

smaller = harder to hit lolX! nice tuit ******* >.<
Old 05/31/2005, 16:43   #7

Quote:
Originally posted by kalalista@May 31 2005, 15:13
nope u got me wrong.. i already had that file which my friend sent me.. i wanted other monsters like hawkings and others to be small to reduce lag therefore requesting for someone who know how to edit to help me
Get a new computer?
Old 06/01/2005, 03:31   #8

Do you guys think it would be possible to edit something and change the size of players in the game? This way it would be easier to click on people during GW, if they are the size of King Kong!

I noticed that enlarged metdoves have the advantage, that instead of (for example) having only about say.. 100 square pixels you can click on to start attacking them (so a small area as big as the metdove), but if the metdove is much bigger, u have like 500 square pixels (again, the area metdove occupies). If this can be true for players, then you just have to get close enough to the GIANT version of a player on your screen to hit them, which from THEIR screen would seem like you are far away and making impossible long distance hits lol.
Old 06/01/2005, 04:29   #9

eww.. thank you cheapbastard!
Old 06/01/2005, 05:34   #10

Quote:
Originally posted by lilblam@Jun 1 2005, 03:31
Do you guys think it would be possible to edit something and change the size of players in the game? This way it would be easier to click on people during GW, if they are the size of King Kong!

I noticed that enlarged metdoves have the advantage, that instead of (for example) having only about say.. 100 square pixels you can click on to start attacking them (so a small area as big as the metdove), but if the metdove is much bigger, u have like 500 square pixels (again, the area metdove occupies). If this can be true for players, then you just have to get close enough to the GIANT version of a player on your screen to hit them, which from THEIR screen would seem like you are far away and making impossible long distance hits lol.
LOL... Glasses have the same effect
Old 06/01/2005, 07:08   #11

elite*gold: 312
lmao... that wasn't nice
Old 06/01/2005, 08:35   #12

Quote:
Originally posted by KitsunePaws@Jun 1 2005, 03:08
lmao... that wasn't nice
ROFL... I can't control myself
Old 06/01/2005, 09:41   #13

metdoves have the advantage of being far far apart (like sandmonster kings). What if two king kongs stand next to each other? Trust me, some monsters are better off smaller (like the bluebirds in labby lvl3), others better of bigger.
Quote:
Originally posted by seraphicz
smaller = harder to hit lolX! nice tuit ******* >.<
actually he asked for smaller. 120-> 90 should be about what he's looking for...
Old 09/05/2005, 11:49   #14

maybe i can help u... i have used a hex... (since no one.. HELPED me about it) i tried to chnge some of the monsters ini..... well have done... i think... hp bar is long u can see it 1 1/2 on ur screen.... but its better than nothing ;p
Attached Files
File Type: ibf post-53-1125913756.ibf (9.7 KB, 57 views)
Old 09/05/2005, 12:10   #15

3 month old topic, his problem was solved, and he wanted someone to edit specific monsters for him (which i told him how to do so himself), not metzone monsters.

... Still, nice of you to try, i suppose...
Closed Thread

« SV help | Qproxy »