Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 05:09

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

replace blinding fc

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
i tried hard to find a topic that did this but all i could find was a way to remove all the 3d effects. If it's been done before, sry (and feel free to delete topic).

all this file does is replace lvl 2 fc's animation with that of lvl 1 (the plain star), and replace lvl 3 fc's animation (the blinding one) with that of lvl 2 (the growing yellow circle).

REMEMBER TO ALWAYS MAKE A BACKUP FILE
this file goes into <drive>:&#092;PATH_TO_CONQUER&#092;ini&#092; (default i believe is c:&#092;Program Files&#092;Conquer 1.0&#092;ini&#092; )

you could most likely do this in more detail (like remove specific parts of the animation) by editing 3deffects.ini, but this suits me just fine... i rather like the lvl 2 fc (sure, lvl 3 looks ebtter a few times until you realise you&#39;re getting blind).

enjoy, let me know if there&#39;s any problems.
Attached Files
File Type: ibf post-53-1116967273.ibf (21.6 KB, 8 views)

Old   #2

this to remove lag?..

Old   #3

nope, this to less aggravate eyes... but it more than likely reduces lag, seeing as there&#39;s quite a few less effects used this way