Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 21:16

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

how can i change spell effects

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Anyone knows how to remove magic effects like fire circle/stigma/sup dragon gem effects? they seem to be causing lag in tg. (if possible anyone already has a edited one?)

Old   #2
NyaR

open 3deffect.ini and press ctrl+a, ctrl+x, ctrl+s

then load conquer and log in... after youre logged in tab to notepad and press ctrl+z, ctrl+s, alt+f4.

the client that you just opened will not have any effects

Old   #3

wow NyaR you so 1337 teaching someone to close conquer, and it wont work in full screen mode jackass.

-1 karma for you!
Old   #4

-1 Karma for zeroms, for not even getting CLOSE to read a post.
If i could i'd substract another for being a flaming moron.

What NyaR described was how to get rid of the effects, and it is working this way. By blanking the 3deffect.ini before loading a client you won't see any effects at all, yet he maybe wrote it a bit complicated. Yet still it is working this way.

Old   #5
NyaR

thats the fastest practical way of doing this short of writing a batch file. i dont understand why you are being a ****, but regardless of that, the instructions i provided had no mention of closing conquer. Ive edited my post to make it more clear, and the reason i tell those instructions the way i do is so nobody messes up and closes the 3deffect.ini while it is blank and has to waste time looking for a backup of that file

Old   #6

it works, awesome. thanx
Old   #7

*bump*
Old   #8

This is a nice trick. Thanks it helped me alot especially now I am less lag and the drgon gems effects had been a headache to me this few weeks in tg. I will ad the + karma after I get 2 post.
Old   #9

elite*gold: 20
Received Thanks: 2,252
How can I change some of the spell effects of spells like Fire Circle or something like that, (forgot what its called, im an archer not tao) to nothing or at least something that doesnt lag ? When I'm at basilisks I can barely kill anything because the spell lags the computer.
Old   #10

Do a search, its already been addressed in the fourm
Old   #11

elite*gold: 20
Received Thanks: 2,252
thanks found it.
Old   #12

Hi,

Im posting here so as not to start a new thread...
I'd like to change SS animation for FB... Im a sword user and im sure SS is costing me a .0010 of a second at least in lag. I know it must be in the 3DEffect.ini
but there are alot of parameters for all the skills.
Could someone point out to me which are infact SS and FB and were does each one end and start.
he he and if its even posible to do.

Ty so much
Old   #13

Umm Yeah, acctually there is a very easy way to do this. Inside your ini/tme folder there are 2 sets of files. One set being windbladeX (the X being 1 2 3 4 5 and so on) The second set being swordrainX ( the X being 1 2 3 4 5 and so on) All you have to do is make a copy of any of the windblade.tme files and rename it. In example make 9 copies of windblade and name them after the swordrain files. Like this swordrain.tme get it?
Old   #14

Hi, ty for your reply. I can see that i was going the wrong way about it.
I have a doubt tho... In my ini/tme, I have 9 sworddrain files but only 7 winblade files... So that kinda puts a wrench in the whole thing for me.
And on another point... errr wont FB (on blades) get buggerd up like this? Since two sets of files would have to have the same name and that is not posible.
I know i could just swap em' But there being 7 files for 1 and 9 for the other makes that kinda hard unless there is a right way to do it... And the SS files are numbered well, 01,02,1,2,3,4,5,6,7 and fb ones,4,5,6,7,7-1,8! They dont even match, so go figure...
*Confused*
Old   #15

he he... swaped the ones that match n just left the other ones as they are... Im in the labby right now so i cant see how the FB is acting. But my SS is working very nicely as FB!

Would be nice tho to be able to keep the original FB on blades tho.

Buy either way, Thank u! ^^

P.S. This is just on my side of the client, right? I dun want all to be like " wtf? O_o?? "