Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 19:49

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

sockets

Closed Thread

Old   #46

elite*gold: 0
Received Thanks: 1,315
i have lernt the encryption for the itemtype.dat and its kinda easy just use microsoft calculator and turn, the hex into decimal for example 190 in a decimal is BE

Old   #47

Quote:
Originally posted by whitespyder@Apr 17 2005, 21:24
i managed to get a more specific time from my friend, all his sockets, and his friends sockets were gotten within 10 45 pm - 10 55 pm server time. between him and his friends they've got 12 sockets all together from upgrading at this time
I'll try that, thanks for your info.

Oh and Crumbs, I know you I'm on Justice too xD

Old   #48

np, im working on a program to save u the hassle of trying to decrypt the inifiles, and it will do it all for you i will release it on here wen its ready
Old   #49

if onli u could make the server think tt the equips are on the weapon slot..but how? would be too much nicer to have full 2 socks.. know the t-search money hack?..is there anyway to make it onli for display then wen the person accepts the trade he get 0 gold :P

Old   #50

i think u must code an emulator or something else...
Old   #51

you can, where the items go, or where they can be equiped are stored locally
Old   #52

Umm.. You are doing this in a way that is WAYYY too hard :P
Download yourself a nice little hex edior :P
And on the Asci side, will be all the text
Old   #53

And then replace the ascii, with another item?
Old   #54

But the only problem i edited the files but i could not get the ring to equip into the weapon slot, is the ring ment to be able to be equiped into the weapon slot for this 2 work?
Old   #55

Quote:
Originally posted by kalvam@Apr 15 2005, 17:13
Okay, got some new information about sockets.
It is said to have something to do with immense artificial lag, clicking on improve and re-opening artisan with the items still in. Put them back in Artisan and improve again.
It's necessary to have intense Lag while doing this.

The logic behind this is to fire as much uprgade requests as possible, thus succeeding more often then just once, yet still the items stays on the same quality and level due to lag.
_

This is just a rumor i caught, anyone know how to cause the highest possible lag without dc/ing?

/edit:
Another thing i've been wondering about. Whats happening if you got a full inventory and upgrade stuff, the second you put the thing in, its not in the inventory, but a few seconds after. What if you pick up something in the same second you put it in... only do-able with heavy lag. Whats happening then?
hmm. did anyone try this metod , i try to increase my ping to 6000 that all i can get the lag too. any know what is the max lag until D/C and how to make it.
Old   #56

i'm really bad at hacking/file editing, i'm just lookin for some easy socs =D i'll be checking daily to see what i can learn.. keep up the hard work guys!
Old   #57

ok can someone tell me what i must do like when you edited the magictype.ini what did u have to change because i will then be able to do it with tge magictype.dat as i have managed to decrypt it. please help :cry:
Old   #58

Seriously, it is not encrypted after all...
The inis are still in the folders, thats how people find out the meaning of things. To be short....
4 Numbers equal one column in the ini. With exception for the name, which is a bit longer.
Old   #59

but i cant find a pattern that needs to be changed to allow you to equip armor in the weapon slot, thats all i need
Old   #60

Actually, i mentioned a lot of the work on side 1 of 2 this thread. If you click back you'll see what my assumptions where about the columns. I stopped trying this way though as i highly doubt this works this way anyways.

Closed Thread