Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2
You last visited: Today at 21:56

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Stupid question

Discussion on Stupid question within the Conquer Online 2 forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Stupid question

Hello guys,

Before some days i joined on an private server patched new version 6000+.
I was surprised from ping of server i got scanned their IP Are hosted in France, and i am from Turkey how is possible on newer patched server to got ping like 40-100 (some times go under 40 like 23-28 but hard).Also my Network is not that good ... Sorry guys for stupid question but i am curious

Old 02/01/2015, 06:37   #2

Not sure if you think your ping is high or low... to me it seems about what one could expect to get from Turkey (or Macedonia?) to France, closer to 100ms perhaps.

The patch has nothing to do with ping. Also, the ping displayed in Conquer is really not that accurate.

Ping is the time a packet takes to travel from your computer to the server and back.
Sure, if it's poorly coded server it will take longer time from the server to respond and so your ping would increase.
Usually your ping is closely related to the distance between you and the server and amount of nodes on the path.
Your own bandwidth doesn't really affect ping that much, just the type of connection you have. If you have a xDSL or similar connection then the distance from you to the ISP's 'datacenter' can be a major factor.
A wireless network like 3G/4G will often cause your ping to 'jitter' a lot more.
And a lot more causes that can affect your ping, like packet loss or corruption (TCP retransmission), traffic, host connection etc.
Old 02/01/2015, 15:34   #3

Thank you i was mean the ping very low i wasn't wait that good ping i try many servers but ping was terrible like go 90,100 after jump on 400 ... (talking about new version servers).Also i try on more country vpn was got same result ...