Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Conquer Online 2 > CO2 Main - Discussions / Questions
You last visited: Today at 09:26

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Just looking for experiences from people who bought items for $ before.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Just looking for experiences from people who bought items for $ before.

Hello,

I'm honestly kind of new to the whole purchasing equipment for real money and I just want to get information before I make a decision.
  • Account on playerauctions for the gear (that comes with it)
  • Purchase items off a reputable seller
  • Bulk and then buy ingame (what i have done in the past)
I don't want to do the last one anymore... Because it's so expensive but what worries me is that account retrieval thing that was mentioned in another thread.

What have your experiences been like? Please please tell me, thank you!

Old   #2

elite*gold: 20
I suggest turning to another mmo where for $15 a month you don`t have to bulk to beat the others.

Thanks
2 Users
Old   #3

elite*gold: 21
Received Thanks: 5,305
Back when I was young and had too much money I spent wayyyy too much on conquer. Honestly though I fail to see why anyone would invest cash in it this late into the game. Conquer has pretty much died compared to what it once was and TQ has perfected the art of ripping off cash cows.

Past Experiences:
Accounts: Bought from a friend of a friend through real life money orders. Spent 300 USD buying out his accounts. Came with a 130 archer with a plvling socket set and a 120 trojan + a bunch of old waters he had plvl'd.

Used for a while eventually he or someone else recovered the account even though I had all security information/changed registered e-mail and I never got it back. Didn't really care much but it was still frustrating.

"Bulking": Spent a few hundred on DBs to get some gear. Got bored, eventually quit and never did much with the equipment. Wasted a **** ton of DB on trash gear in the process.

"Bulking x2": Guy I had let use my old account decided he would scam me so I hacked his paypal, drained his parent's bank account and threw it all into conquer so he'd get banned for chargebacks. Apparently TQ never did anything because I kept all the db's and no accounts got banned. I played for a while and eventually got banned for the mystic merchant exploit (instant 130) that I used on a fresh account. I had already sorta quit at that point as I was bored.
Thanks
1 User
Old   #4
Trade Restricted

elite*gold: 3
In my opinion if you like a thing, you can spend money on it. Whether its game or snowboard skate. Its like a hobby you know, and people spend money on hobbys.

Thanks
1 User
Old   #5

I consider myself a reputable seller and my advice to you is; stay away from purchasing items/DBs/anything for Conquer.
Thanks
1 User
Old   #6

Okay you make a good point, I won't bother with Conquer. Maybe I'll take my hand at Chess again at the local club!
Old   #7

I've bought from Captivated before back when he used to db farm. But I think they're all right it's not worth the money. Check out my negative, it's from a seller who sold me a king account for a grand. I bought the account, retrieved what I thought was the correct info which turned out later to be phony, placed my +12 gear on the account and within seconds the account was banned. Went to help desk and thy said someone filed a hack case to retrieve the account. They took my gear and resold it here. You can take a look at his thread he had a dozen full +12 sets for sale. I lost all my +12 gear and the 1k usd I spent on the king account that day. I know what you're thinking, this isn't gear it's an account but even with gear a hack case can be filed. I've seen it time and again. You send money to them they trade you the gear on an account that was logged in through a VPN, files a hack case, and TQ retrieves the gear and bans you.

If you're still thinking about buying gear you're better off buying cps from TQ and purchasing the items in game. The most you'll spend on a +12 item is about 465 usd buying through TQ and that's cheap compared to how much it was years ago; of course you can always talk the seller down. And nowadays people use conquermkt.com to search for gear then transfer it their server, at least I do it.

This has become pretty lengthy sorry about that, but looking back at it I regret playing this game in the first place. I should have just walked away when I did and never returned. Have to much invested into it now to walk away. I even tried to and was nearly scammed selling gear. Heave the warnings.