Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2
You last visited: Today at 03:18

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Remove Mortal Wound Stun

Discussion on Remove Mortal Wound Stun within the Conquer Online 2 forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 20
Received Thanks: 2,882
Remove Mortal Wound Stun

A lot of people were asking for this so, this is the lightest/simplest way of doing this. Although this isn't a complete removal, because this is transforming MW into Thunder, it far less of a heavy lock-down.

This means you see the damage as one total hit, instead of split into several hits like MW does

Find your CO Folder, open the ini folder, and then MagicEffect.ini
Likely, one of these directories:
Code:
C:\Program Files (x86)\NetDragon\Conquer Online 2.0\ini\MagicEffect.ini
C:\Program Files\NetDragon\Conquer Online 2.0\ini\MagicEffect.ini
As soon as you open the file, you should see the header [10000], copy whats under it. Assuming it never changes it should be this:
Code:
Name=Thunder
ActOfAttacker=903
ClientRepresent=1
IntoneDuration=500
SortOfAct=1
TraceEffectOriginYOffset=100
TraceEffectTargetYOffset=100
Status=145
Desc=Upgradable
DescEx=Magic~attack
IntoneEffect=Intone-1
Role3DEffectOfTarget=Thunder
SoundOfTarget=sound\thunder.wav
Now Ctrl+F the header [116600].

116600 to 116604 (inclusive) are Mortal Wound. Replace their body with what you copied from thunder, for example:

Code:
[116600]
Name=Thunder
ActOfAttacker=903
ClientRepresent=1
IntoneDuration=500
SortOfAct=1
Status=145
Desc=Upgradable
DescEx=Magic~attack
IntoneEffect=Intone-1
Save file, re-log. Mortal Wound should now be Thunder whenever you get attacked.
Thanks
6 Users
Old 06/24/2013, 18:34   #2

elite*gold: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfamousNoone View Post
A lot of people were asking for this so, this is the lightest/simplest way of doing this. Although this isn't a complete removal, because this is transforming MW into Thunder, it far less of a heavy lock-down.

This means you see the damage as one total hit, instead of split into several hits like MW does

Find your CO Folder, open the ini folder, and then MagicEffect.ini
Likely, one of these directories:
Code:
C:\Program Files (x86)\NetDragon\Conquer Online 2.0\ini\MagicEffect.ini
C:\Program Files\NetDragon\Conquer Online 2.0\ini\MagicEffect.ini
As soon as you open the file, you should see the header [10000], copy whats under it. Assuming it never changes it should be this:
Code:
Name=Thunder
ActOfAttacker=903
ClientRepresent=1
IntoneDuration=500
SortOfAct=1
Status=145
Desc=Upgradable
DescEx=Magic~attack
IntoneEffect=Intone-1
Now Ctrl+F the header [116600].

116600 to 116604 (inclusive) are Mortal Wound. Replace their body with what you copied from thunder, for example:

Code:
[116600]
Name=Thunder
ActOfAttacker=903
ClientRepresent=1
IntoneDuration=500
SortOfAct=1
Status=145
Desc=Upgradable
DescEx=Magic~attack
IntoneEffect=Intone-1
Save file, re-log. Mortal Wound should now be Thunder whenever you get attacked.
good job.

can i replace nado and toxic fog with thunder?

i cant find tornado btw.
Old 06/25/2013, 17:27   #3

elite*gold: 20
Received Thanks: 2,882
i only investigated enough to do what this thread is about (switching mw to thunder), dunno about anything else
Old 06/25/2013, 18:04   #4

elite*gold: 21
Received Thanks: 5,376
Quote:
Originally Posted by sundancerx View Post
good job.

can i replace nado and toxic fog with thunder?

i cant find tornado btw.
You can replace any spell with the effect of another (it will not block/remove status effects though such as those from bosses).

That being said... thunder and nado have about the same interrupt duration so I don't see the point.

Using thunder for toxic fog would tick as thunder bolts so not help you.
Old 06/25/2013, 19:56   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by pro4never View Post
You can replace any spell with the effect of another (it will not block/remove status effects though such as those from bosses).

That being said... thunder and nado have about the same interrupt duration so I don't see the point.

Using thunder for toxic fog would tick as thunder bolts so not help you.
i want to remove nado big graphics coz im using crappy pc. helps with lag, same as toxig.

can you point to me where i can find the nado in the file pls?

thnx for prompt reply.
Old 06/25/2013, 19:57   #6

elite*gold: 21
Received Thanks: 5,376
just replace the spell entries with the one for thunder.

All the entries are based on spell ID so they are super easy to find.

Note that they have a final trailing digit which I believe references spell level but I could be wrong. Been a while since I looked at the file.
Old 06/25/2013, 21:19   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by pro4never View Post
just replace the spell entries with the one for thunder.

All the entries are based on spell ID so they are super easy to find.

Note that they have a final trailing digit which I believe references spell level but I could be wrong. Been a while since I looked at the file.
ok i got it.

i check magic.ini file again and this time i found tornado.

i couldnt find it last time i searched it.

thnanks for your patience.

edit: also, cant believe im a member of this forum for so long. been playing co on and off for 9 yrs and checking this forum from time to time. been so helpful. more power to all the people who contributed to this forum. im at the tail end of my playing days so, ill just grab this opportunity to thanks everyone involve here.
Old 09/18/2013, 21:47   #8

So does this still work?

And what hacks are out there\possible to create by tweaking the Co files?

I`ve played both at: USA servers where I get 200-500 ping and its almost impossible to warp hit, while playing at Euro servers I can easily do it at about 90-150 ping.

Also playing at Low resolution seems bugged; more blindspots for fb and for example the navigation between the shops in the market is much more limited.

About the fps factor, increased fps over the oponent would give a big advantage.. And if you would be able to remove the target not in range message etc, its all things that add up.

Some people also seem to come out of nowhere, go almost invisible at times?

Im wondering if you artificially force-lowered the ping ingame, would the client then let you play without the current limitations of higher pings(cant warp etc\targets not in range) or are the limitations the cause of the ping itself, opposed to the client?

Pull the rugg off the ****
Old 10/10/2013, 02:16   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y u k i View Post
server sided. nothing you can do about it besides trying to get a better ping, wich is almost impossible.
Ok, I dunno if I believe that though
Old 10/12/2013, 16:28   #10

Works like a charm, but sometimes people say that Im kind of teleporting when assassin MW's me and I jump
Old 02/26/2015, 17:30   #11

I might be an idiot for bumping this Thread but.. Can we ever get botjailed by this? like getting scanned by the system or anything. Or its total risk free lol
Old 02/26/2015, 18:02   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by jokerboy123 View Post
I might be an idiot for bumping this Thread but.. Can we ever get botjailed by this? like getting scanned by the system or anything. Or its total risk free lol
Nah, it's client sided.
Thanks
1 User
Old 02/26/2015, 19:58   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captivate View Post
Nah, it's client sided.
TQ's anti-bot could easily scan for modifications to MagicEffect.ini. It doesn't at the moment, but it could.
Thanks
3 Users
Old 02/05/2016, 18:46   #14

Sorry for bumping an old thread (almost year long dayum) but recently found this and figured i might as well add my own thoughts to it. I see people have been concerned with changing the magic effect for skills that take a long time with faster ones, so they get locked for less - if you go through the trouble of modyfing the file, and make yourself viable for a botjail, why not change the skill effect to something that doesn't lock you at all? From my bit of testing replacing the effect of MW with Stigma results in no freeze for you at all while the only aparent negative impact is that you can't see when you're being hit.
Thanks
1 User