Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2
You last visited: Today at 14:58

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Lotto, Socs, Hunting for the better theory

Discussion on Lotto, Socs, Hunting for the better theory within the Conquer Online 2 forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Post Lotto, Socs, Hunting for the better theory

I believe there are ways to increase your chances at hunting, socketing, and lottery box. As a thread from Soc Theories this idea hit me.

I do believe Hunting, Lotto, and making socs are all random. But its the value in CO's programming that decides on how random it is.

Example- U have a .00001 chance to get good items from hunting, lottery, and socketing. Now u have a 1/10k chance of getting those good items. But even if you try 10k times u wont be guaranteed a good item, it is still a chance. U might try 2-4 times and get a good items or try 10mil times and still fail. This is my theory to change that .00001 chance to get good items.

Spending Time- spending time and money on hunting, lottery, and socketing can increase your chances.

I get the idea from this documentary about the guy who built Gambling machines and heard it works from those gambling addicts. The machines have a randomness values that will increase over time. So once you start hunting, going lotto, or socketing, its best not to stop till u reached your goal. Like that gambling addicts say, stick to the machine till it pays out.

Now this may be different in hunting, lottery, and socketing.

Lottery and socketing will be both similar ideas. In lottery you have to click on the same box over and over till it pays out, in socketing you have to do it over and over till it pays out. But there is a catch, if you see someone spamming mets trying to socket or spamming one box in the lotto and fail then this is the best time to jump in. This is very much possible because since they tried so many times and have failed then you have increased your chances dramatically.

Hunting is different, I believe the more monsters you kill (KO count) the greater the chance you have. I always leave my archer online and he seems to get better items from 2.5k -5k kills than from 0-2.5k kills.

So all in all from spending 30 mins doing socketing, hunting, or lottery you can take the .00001 chance and turn it into a .0001

Faster the better for lotto and socket- I also believe that the faster you do lottery, and socket the better the chance. It could work in different ways.

1. Multiplying by fast rate- Say the normal rate adds .00001 chance more but doing it 2x as fast you can get a .00003 more chance added each try.

2. Combining values by fast rate- Same thing as idea 1. Say the normal rate adds a .00001 chance more but doing it 2x as fast you get a .00003 more chance each try but instead of adding it you combine it. So 1st try is .00001, 2nd try is .00003, 3rd try is .00012, 4th try is .00026 and so on. BTW this is just and example and im not giving any calculations.

Hunting with the items on you I have also noticed that after you find those ref, and mets that you start to gain better items, I saw a post somewhere about this and gave it a shot and it seems to increase the chances but is dangerous to do nowadays with all the pkers.

The bad Also in my theories these ideas on increasing the random values, they can also can go away.

Deteriorating values- I sadly believe that while trying to socket and lotto that about every minute or so your values begin to drop when your not trying to gain items. I dont believe this counts towards hunting because of my experiences.

Maxed values- Yep thats right, there could be a maxed value on lotto and socketing (not so much on hunting because of server maintenance)

Say for example you tried to socket using 1000 mets at a normal rate, your value of getting a socket is now a .2 chance, after 1001 mets ur could values return to .0001 chances.

But if you did it 2x as fast it could only take as much as 400 mets to get the .2 chance thus a less of a loss. Same goes for lotto.

End of my theory These ideas are not all mine, I have tried out several and have listened to several posters and have came out to why their ideas could work and why they dont work. Sadly I dont know the names to these people so I am not claiming it all to be my work. But it is my theory on several other theories put together to show how it can work for some but not everyone. REMEMBER this is not a guarantee to get great items, if you have a .01 chance of getting a great item it may still take you 1000 tries.

This theory is more based on how to increase that .01 chance into a .05 chance so you may not have to try 1000 times.

Thanks much appreciated!
Old 03/22/2009, 17:01   #2

*bump* I would really like to talk about my theory and view other people's opinions.
Old 03/23/2009, 17:34   #3

there is 1 problem wrong with that it is that you can only do it 7-8 times with 1 chara a day so wat if you dont get anything after that? wouldnt a new chara change the lottery up?
Old 03/24/2009, 06:05   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by yorx View Post
there is 1 problem wrong with that it is that you can only do it 7-8 times with 1 chara a day so wat if you dont get anything after that? wouldnt a new chara change the lottery up?
It would but im talking about choosing one box over and over. I guess I should stipulate that its improving the boxes chance not yours