Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2
You last visited: Today at 15:22

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

CIDProxy and 5Bot Discussion

Discussion on CIDProxy and 5Bot Discussion within the Conquer Online 2 forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Closed Thread

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
CIDProxy and 5Bot Discussion

Hey,

I was thinking about this just a second ago, and I think what the creator of CIDProxy has done is completely hypocritical. He got hundreds of people to use his bot, people that really appreciated his work, and then decided to stop updating it and make people pay for a working version. Now, I understand that you should be paid for your hard work and time. But I don't think that it is right to stop updating the original CIDProxy just to add more buyers to 5Bot.

When you think about it, a great deal of CIDProxy users simply use CIDProxy because they are unable to buy dragon ***** from TQ. Whether you think it cost too much, you have no means of paying online, or you just don't have the money - this is why you used CIDProxy. This gave you the edge that all of those bulking fancy-Dans had.

Don't you think that making us pay is hypocritical? Don't think that in a way, it's very much like TQ? Look at it like this. TQ provided a very fun and addictive game. At first, dragon ***** were not really necessary to be great. But now, it seems to make it anywhere in the game, you have to have them; and a great deal of them at that. They made us have to pay to use their game properly. CIDProxy saved us from that. It gave us the edge we needed to almost be on par with the others.

Now it has been practically taken away. From what I have read there are no plans on bringing it back. If you want CIDProxy, you must buy 5bot. I think this is wrong. I DO think the creator's talent SHOULD be rewarded. But I think he should do it in a different fashion. I think there should just be one bot. Have free hacks, and then have a log-in section for better hacks. That way we that can't buy, can still have something that always works. In my opinion the creator would be much more respected. If he wants to make money off of it, that should be the method he should take. I personally loved CIDProxy for it's great features. The creator is a very talented programmer. But I think he has made a really unwise decision. Make it one bot, have a log-in section, make everyone happy. I know that would take quite a bit of modification to his code, but I think it's worth it. Help the people who can't buy, and want to still have fun on Conquer.

That's my two cents. What do you guys think?
Thanks
17 Users
Old 03/10/2009, 06:08   #2

your def. of hypicritical the way u used it is way off.and if u dont wanna pay for the hacks then dont,its your money.he takes time outa his day to make these and now there not free so u complain.grow up.
Thanks
4 Users
Old 03/10/2009, 06:53   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by silly_mando14 View Post
your def. of hypicritical the way u used it is way off.and if u dont wanna pay for the hacks then dont,its your money.he takes time outa his day to make these and now there not free so u complain.grow up.
How is the way I use it way off? And yes, I do want him to be rewarded. I don't think you read my post thoroughly. I directly stated that he should be rewarded. Also, I think my post was a completely mature statement, I don't see why I would need to grow up.
Thanks
2 Users
Old 03/10/2009, 12:18   #4

thanx
Thanks
2 Users
Old 03/10/2009, 12:22   #5

I used to use CIDproxy before all this bot jailing started goin on. Now I refuse to use something. Now that you have to pay for it, well he better guarantee me I wont get botjailed or its a waste of money.

Think about it pay $$ to bot, then pay more $$ to get outta botjail. ITS A CO CONSPIRACY I TELL YA
Thanks
4 Users
Old 03/10/2009, 13:17   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traboski View Post
I used to use CIDproxy before all this bot jailing started goin on. Now I refuse to use something. Now that you have to pay for it, well he better guarantee me I wont get botjailed or its a waste of money.

Think about it pay $$ to bot, then pay more $$ to get outta botjail. ITS A CO CONSPIRACY I TELL YA
Lol, I have botted for well over two years, never once botjailed. It's all about where you bot.
Thanks
2 Users
Old 03/10/2009, 13:47   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by IKillBabies View Post
Lol, I have botted for well over two years, never once botjailed. It's all about where you bot.
I think your post is well thought out and stated in a mature way, and I can totally relate to what you are saying. Basically what I hear you saying is that Conquer is too expensive to play "legitimately", and that by using the benefits of CIDProxy you and many others were still able to compete with the bulkers. Now you feel like you can't compete and/or play because you cannot buy one of the paid proxies--which means you have no edge. I think everyone can remember when they first started, had no gears, and got owned by everyone--no one wants to go back there after doing so well for so long. I think these are the things that you are interested in, and base your opinion on.

Your thoughts represent the views of a certain percentage of bot users, though not the perspective from different angles. If you are open to thinking about it from the perspective of TQ and the creator of CIDProxy/5bot, maybe I can present what I *think/believe* (have to qualify that because I'm not a mind reader) their interests are.

TQ is a business plain and simple. Maybe the game started out being a game where you could succeed without having to actually pay for anything, but obviously those days are long gone. Without a way to generate revenue, Conquer would just cease to exist; no money for programmers, websites, employees, etc. etc. It just naturally follows the law of supply and demand--in the game this translates into one guy spends $100 on dbs and gets the best gear, another guy spends $120 on dbs and now has the best gear...and the sky is the limit. There are people who spend thousands and thousands of dollars on dbs. A level 4 VIP means you have $1,600.00 on dbs in ONE month--I can't even comprehend why anyone would spend that much money on this game. As for you personally playing the game, TQ is happy CIDProxy is gone and hopes you go away also--unless you decide to buy dbs.

As for the creator of CID/5bot, I don't know for sure but I think he has been coding for several years--I'll say 4 years though it's just for sake of argument. At one time, he knew nothing about coding and was say 14 years old if we assume he's 18 years old now. Learned more, spent his free time on it, got better at it, shared the fruits of his labour with the online community. All this time he earned no money, but became a very good coder. So good
that hundreds as you say, probably thousands, chose to use the exploits he created.

However, he's not 14 anymore. He's an adult who goes to College and has bills to pay. Assuming his parents aren't paying for 100% of their independent adult sons' bills--where does the money come from to eat, pay rent, buy textbooks, whatever? He could go and get a job somewhere for sure--but he might not be doing what he enjoys, and might not have time to learn more about/get better at what he enjoys. So he's become an entrepreneur who is making the most of his talent while generating some income to meet his needs.

Heres an analogy you can hopefully relate to. You mention that you are a musician. You go and sit down in the park with your guitar case open and play your best stuff. A huge crowd gathers and listens, and really enjoys your performance. However, only a few people throw money in your case. You're tired, your throat is getting sore, you're doing your best but the donations just aren't coming in. Next day, you go to a different park, play the exact same stuff you played the day before, and get five times as much money as you did the day before. You keep going back to the second park, keep getting the better donations. Honestly, are you really going back to the first park? CID tried the internet equivalent of an open guitar case with CIDProxy, and barely anyone out of the thousands gave anything. Say your music becomes popular enough, and enough people like it, that you think you can produce and sell a CD--are people going to respect you less because you are talented enough to produce and sell a CD? Is it fair for you to even sell the CD since you once played for free?

Times change. Right now theres some 14 year old kid just discovering coding. Right now there are many other talented coders on EPvPers with great programs. I've looked around, there are many different programs available; put a few of them together and you've basically got the features of CIDProxy. It's not all wrapped up in one convenient download, but if you put some of your own time and effort into it, you could get a lot of features back that you once enjoyed with CIDProxy. Or learn how to do some coding and start making your own programs to use and/or share.

If you're unwilling/unable to learn how to do it, spend your time figuring out how to make the existing programs work together, or pay a few dollars a month for the luxury of an all in one bot, why should someone else put that effort in on your behalf? The definition of a symbiotic relationship is that it benefits both parties: 5bot buyers get the benefit of "the edge" while the 5bot maker gets the benefit of money, knowledge, skill, practice. The definition of a "leech", in this sense, is that a leech (or free-loader) benefits from others while offering nothing in return. Probably 95% or more of CIDProxy users were leechers.

If I were the maker of CIDProxy/5bot, I would not be very sad to have TQ help me evolve. Have you read some of the posts in the CIDProxy thread, especially since the updates stopped? Practically DEMANDING an update, sometimes in the rudest ways. If I were him, I would be saying good riddance and thinking about my next exam, rent payment, light bill, vacation, family, friends, or whatever was important to me and the goals I set for my self.

He cannot control the fact that PayPal doesn't have any financial agreements in Egypt. He cannot control the fact that many people cannot afford $5 per month for a luxury item.

And personally, I don't believe that he has any moral obligation to implement the changes you talked about, for reasons I already stated. If you have lost respect for him because you can no longer benefit from CIDProxy, that
is up to you and what you define as respect. I don't share your definition.

No, I don't think he's a hypocrite.
Thanks
15 Users
Old 03/10/2009, 14:19   #8

Quote:

bullshit u can bot any where
Thanks
2 Users
Old 03/10/2009, 14:50   #9

I've quit conquer over a month. But for those of you complaining about $5 a month? Don't eat at MackyDoo's or TacoHell just one meal!!!!! there u go-->5 bucks and just shut yer trap. there's no excuse. And what? you represent the mentality of ppl today. u think u deserve something for nothing. Why do u think the economy is the way it is? Greed and ppl wanting everything but not wanting to pay for it. so skip a fast food meal (u prolly need too, i know i do) and get a prepaid visa card and load it so u can pay. problem solved. Also if a creator of something, decides he no longer wants to improve or continue what he created, why is he obligated to continue it? Think about that.
Thanks
1 User
Old 03/10/2009, 15:59   #10

elite*gold: 106
Received Thanks: 1,164
Walls of texts, notting for me.
Thanks
1 User
Old 03/11/2009, 00:36   #11

He put all his time and effort into cracking the old encryption so why shouldn't he charge. Just coz you can't live without your hacks you start moaning.

Try playing a game without hacks for once, maybe you will like it
Old 03/11/2009, 06:43   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noob2008 View Post
I think your post is well thought out and stated in a mature way, and I can totally relate to what you are saying. Basically what I hear you saying is that Conquer is too expensive to play "legitimately", and that by using the benefits of CIDProxy you and many others were still able to compete with the bulkers. Now you feel like you can't compete and/or play because you cannot buy one of the paid proxies--which means you have no edge. I think everyone can remember when they first started, had no gears, and got owned by everyone--no one wants to go back there after doing so well for so long. I think these are the things that you are interested in, and base your opinion on.

Your thoughts represent the views of a certain percentage of bot users, though not the perspective from different angles. If you are open to thinking about it from the perspective of TQ and the creator of CIDProxy/5bot, maybe I can present what I *think/believe* (have to qualify that because I'm not a mind reader) their interests are.

TQ is a business plain and simple. Maybe the game started out being a game where you could succeed without having to actually pay for anything, but obviously those days are long gone. Without a way to generate revenue, Conquer would just cease to exist; no money for programmers, websites, employees, etc. etc. It just naturally follows the law of supply and demand--in the game this translates into one guy spends $100 on dbs and gets the best gear, another guy spends $120 on dbs and now has the best gear...and the sky is the limit. There are people who spend thousands and thousands of dollars on dbs. A level 4 VIP means you have $1,600.00 on dbs in ONE month--I can't even comprehend why anyone would spend that much money on this game. As for you personally playing the game, TQ is happy CIDProxy is gone and hopes you go away also--unless you decide to buy dbs.

As for the creator of CID/5bot, I don't know for sure but I think he has been coding for several years--I'll say 4 years though it's just for sake of argument. At one time, he knew nothing about coding and was say 14 years old if we assume he's 18 years old now. Learned more, spent his free time on it, got better at it, shared the fruits of his labour with the online community. All this time he earned no money, but became a very good coder. So good
that hundreds as you say, probably thousands, chose to use the exploits he created.

However, he's not 14 anymore. He's an adult who goes to College and has bills to pay. Assuming his parents aren't paying for 100% of their independent adult sons' bills--where does the money come from to eat, pay rent, buy textbooks, whatever? He could go and get a job somewhere for sure--but he might not be doing what he enjoys, and might not have time to learn more about/get better at what he enjoys. So he's become an entrepreneur who is making the most of his talent while generating some income to meet his needs.

Heres an analogy you can hopefully relate to. You mention that you are a musician. You go and sit down in the park with your guitar case open and play your best stuff. A huge crowd gathers and listens, and really enjoys your performance. However, only a few people throw money in your case. You're tired, your throat is getting sore, you're doing your best but the donations just aren't coming in. Next day, you go to a different park, play the exact same stuff you played the day before, and get five times as much money as you did the day before. You keep going back to the second park, keep getting the better donations. Honestly, are you really going back to the first park? CID tried the internet equivalent of an open guitar case with CIDProxy, and barely anyone out of the thousands gave anything. Say your music becomes popular enough, and enough people like it, that you think you can produce and sell a CD--are people going to respect you less because you are talented enough to produce and sell a CD? Is it fair for you to even sell the CD since you once played for free?

Times change. Right now theres some 14 year old kid just discovering coding. Right now there are many other talented coders on EPvPers with great programs. I've looked around, there are many different programs available; put a few of them together and you've basically got the features of CIDProxy. It's not all wrapped up in one convenient download, but if you put some of your own time and effort into it, you could get a lot of features back that you once enjoyed with CIDProxy. Or learn how to do some coding and start making your own programs to use and/or share.

If you're unwilling/unable to learn how to do it, spend your time figuring out how to make the existing programs work together, or pay a few dollars a month for the luxury of an all in one bot, why should someone else put that effort in on your behalf? The definition of a symbiotic relationship is that it benefits both parties: 5bot buyers get the benefit of "the edge" while the 5bot maker gets the benefit of money, knowledge, skill, practice. The definition of a "leech", in this sense, is that a leech (or free-loader) benefits from others while offering nothing in return. Probably 95% or more of CIDProxy users were leechers.

If I were the maker of CIDProxy/5bot, I would not be very sad to have TQ help me evolve. Have you read some of the posts in the CIDProxy thread, especially since the updates stopped? Practically DEMANDING an update, sometimes in the rudest ways. If I were him, I would be saying good riddance and thinking about my next exam, rent payment, light bill, vacation, family, friends, or whatever was important to me and the goals I set for my self.

He cannot control the fact that PayPal doesn't have any financial agreements in Egypt. He cannot control the fact that many people cannot afford $5 per month for a luxury item.

And personally, I don't believe that he has any moral obligation to implement the changes you talked about, for reasons I already stated. If you have lost respect for him because you can no longer benefit from CIDProxy, that
is up to you and what you define as respect. I don't share your definition.

No, I don't think he's a hypocrite.
Hmm, you make a very good point. However, I would put up signs in the first park, telling people I am playing at the second. :P And they can come listen to a portion of my music for free, with ads, but will not get the full experience unless they log in. I couldn't think of an analogy for log in. Hmm... buy t-shirts? I dunno...

As for TQ, I have to believe that they are making more than enough than it takes to run the costs of that game. Think about it, the game has barely changed in how many years? They do these little updates, yeah, but just to please the masses. I think what happened was, one day they realized they could make incredible profit and rip people from their money, and they took it. Me being a programmer, and having a descent understanding of how a lot of things work, I understand that everything costs money in the world of computers. But I would not be surprised one bit if I could see a chart of their revenue each month, and see that they could easily make the game a bit more fun for all of us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by (GAME)Master View Post
bullshit u can bot any where
Hah, you go bot 24/7 with a GOOD account in the middle of Twin City, and see where you are when you wake up in the morning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtnapper View Post
I've quit conquer over a month. But for those of you complaining about $5 a month? Don't eat at MackyDoo's or TacoHell just one meal!!!!! there u go-->5 bucks and just shut yer trap. there's no excuse. And what? you represent the mentality of ppl today. u think u deserve something for nothing. Why do u think the economy is the way it is? Greed and ppl wanting everything but not wanting to pay for it. so skip a fast food meal (u prolly need too, i know i do) and get a prepaid visa card and load it so u can pay. problem solved. Also if a creator of something, decides he no longer wants to improve or continue what he created, why is he obligated to continue it? Think about that.
I think you missed entirely what I was saying. I want him to make money off of his work. But I think there should be free and premium. There are many reasons why someone might not be able to pay.
Old 03/11/2009, 06:44   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilsmum View Post
He put all his time and effort into cracking the old encryption so why shouldn't he charge. Just coz you can't live without your hacks you start moaning.

Try playing a game without hacks for once, maybe you will like it
I play World of Warcraft, completely hack free. You know why? Because it's fair. TQ is not.
Old 03/12/2009, 00:24   #14

i agrees bro

CIDProxy should stay alive (or at least a free version of 5-bot)
if the creater has to, he can severely handicap CIDProxy (at least leave ahunt/aloot)

if free users like the ahunt/loot (and maybe extras), then theyll buy the full version
Old 03/12/2009, 03:16   #15

Quote:
Hey,

I was thinking about this just a second ago, and I think what the creator of CIDProxy has done is completely hypocritical. He got hundreds of people to use his bot, people that really appreciated his work, and then decided to stop updating it and make people pay for a working version. Now, I understand that you should be paid for your hard work and time. But I don't think that it is right to stop updating the original CIDProxy just to add more buyers to 5Bot.

. What do you guys think?
I only read the first paragraph but i think your just being a cheap ***.
I DO not condone the use of proxy because it spoils the PVP aspect, Cheat the System, Not the Players. But I will give credit where credit is due, hes put some years into updating so a little benefit is well deserved. cudos to anyone smart enough to make money on it.
Closed Thread