Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2
You last visited: Today at 23:03

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Couple questions for Private server (HELP)

Discussion on Couple questions for Private server (HELP) within the Conquer Online 2 forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Couple questions for Private server (HELP)

Ok I got a couple of questions

I am using the TCWNN source and I was wondering if there was a better source than that

Things that I don't like about it
Server restarter
Whenever I change some text or try to add skills (Blessing and guard)
I did all the steps right and it doesn't change anything

My problem with my source
READ HERE!!!

Again if I change something like text an npc says or add skills like blessing or guard it does not submit the changes is there any solution to this?

Could you give me a good source if there's anything wrong?

Also I was wondering if anybody has a guide to PK arena

If anybody got a solution please post (A better source most focused on)

If you need me to rewrite this more organized please post below

Thanks,
Old 11/02/2008, 17:44   #2

elite*gold: 106
Received Thanks: 1,164
Noting is better than building ur own source frome start.
Old 11/02/2008, 17:49   #3

Uhmm Is there a blank source =P? One regular server? Nothing special added just the regular CO stuff?

I was planning on doing my own but I can't find a good source

I was thinking editing PowerSource or DarkCO? Possibly?
Could you give me a good start out?

Thanks,
Old 11/02/2008, 22:59   #4

elite*gold: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by huseby View Post
Noting is better than building ur own source frome start.
Yes, coding your own source from scratch is awesome, and a great learning experience.
But, random newbs just can't go and make their own source, cause they don't have any idea what C# even freakin' is, so let him have his fun with others' sources, hey, he might even learn something.
Old 11/02/2008, 23:22   #5

Wait you gotta code it with C#? Yeah I know what that is.. But all those guides tell you to open the cs with notepad or something.. That's what I thought you do

Am I wrong? or is C# for other things?
Also please post a good source to start from please?

Thanks
Old 11/03/2008, 03:03   #6

elite*gold: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by n0mansland View Post
Wait you gotta code it with C#? Yeah I know what that is.. But all those guides tell you to open the cs with notepad or something.. That's what I thought you do

Thanks
1. Wrong Section (There is a CO2 PServer Discussions / Questions section)
2. Notepad? LOL? No wonder why none of your 'changes' don't work. You need a COMPILER. (Microsoft Visual C# 2008 Express Edition is one, for example.)
3. If you knew what C# / knew how to code in it, you would have known Notepad can't compile.
4. No such thing as "good source from start" or "good source" at all. Only good ones are not (and never will be) released.
Old 11/03/2008, 03:28   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by n0mansland View Post

Thanks
To see any changes, you need to compile.`What do you mean compile`? All the .cs files make up that one .exe file, compiling is kind of like smooshing them all together into one file(Laugh at me if you're pro, IDC). `How do you compile?!` You need a compiler, a program that well.. compiles..

You can use Microsoft Visual Studio C# Express Edition, it's a handy IDE(Integrated Development Enviroment - an application that is designed to assist with programming..) that comes with the C# compiler.
If you prefer notepad, you can also find the raw compiler in the .NET framework, a program called `csc.exe`.(Look around for it, you can find it, but if you're starting out as a noob Visual Studio is the way to go.

Also, I'm assuming you can `run` the program already, which means by chance you have Microsoft's .NET framework 3.5(which is what most lotf bases are written in), 2.0(if its a different base), or insanely rarely 1.0(Never seen a source THAT old..).

How do I get that `Visual Studio`?!
Google Visual Studio C# Express Edition, it'll give you a like to the microsoft site to download it.

I tried to explain this as basic as possible, don't be offended if you think that I think you're an idiot or a noob or something, and don't come try to correct me just because my explanations are basic..(If you're pro, or think you are).
Old 11/03/2008, 03:34   #8

lol I know what a compiler is I just didn't know what to compile with.. I've got very little experience with CO Servers but I'm not really use to manually compiling like a GunZ server you don't need to or a runescape server just comes with a compiler.

Thanks, I was wondering what the C# was used for because a lot of threads talk about it.