Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2
You last visited: Today at 03:58

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

ItemType.dat edits and ANI edits no longer working

Discussion on ItemType.dat edits and ANI edits no longer working within the Conquer Online 2 forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
ItemType.dat edits and ANI edits no longer working

I wrote this in one of the itemtype dat files, but I guess the topic deserves a thread of its own.
As you have noticed, itemtype.dat and an edits only work for weapons (and gems, other "special" items).

I did some research.
First I searched for the memory address that contains the ID of an item on the floor. Then I dropped a ref bracelet, its ID should be 152126, but the entry at the address showed 152123, which is the same bracelet, but normal.
The question is: Is the quality now REALLY determined once you pick it up, and not earlier, or is it just "hidden".
If the first version was the case, this could be used for picking up the "right" items for getting the quality you want. Like, if you only pick up boots, only those can "become" quality.
For the 2nd case, the question is if we can find a way to display/notify.

Discuss plix
Thanks
5 Users
Old 09/24/2008, 16:53   #2

I hope Ur right if so sooner or later someone will fix this. If not, that means Tq puled the switchero and made armors head where rings necks bags etc. like +1 items. Only weeps can stay the same because of the color on ground. I have a request to coders and programmers to look in to this
Old 09/26/2008, 12:18   #3

Maybe it would be a good idea if a mod would close all those itemtype threads until there is something new (hopefully). These threads are full of "doesn't work" posts and don't help at all.
I tried if maybe there is a difference in the "normal" item as which everything appears now. As we know, there are 3 types of normals (low, middle, high), but everything seems to drop as "low quality normal". If at least quality would drop as high quality normal, and the rest as one of the 3 possible normal qualities, we could make an itemtype with "possible quality items" but ... meeeh.
Thanks
1 User
Old 10/11/2008, 10:55   #4

low mid high

ok i generated an itemtype for myself to show me low, mid, and high normals as well as everything else. I checked the TC storekeeper and all of her normals have different quality normals. some like bag and bracelet were low while the boots were high.

I went out to BI and looted a bagful of low, mid, and high normals. they were all normals. I went to an empty area and dropped a ref soc robe and uni -5 boots. they both showed as low normals on the ground.

I inspected the bag of normals. all armorings show as low normals on the ground, and may be anything. weapons show correctly.

makes me wonder why i waited so long to get this wat-tro-arch project finished..
Old 10/11/2008, 15:30   #5

This quote is post #823 taken from a thread called "See special items on ground(AniEdit)!!!" found here

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonGoddess View Post
I'll repeat the directions again

1. Uninstall CO & delete the installation folder that is left over.

2. Reinstall CO and manually update to 5063, disabling your internet connection to keep the autopatch from patching CO to 5069.

3. DOWNLOAD the latest version of CO2M8 from

4. Use the ANIeditor to choose the options you want to show in your CO client.

5. Use CO2M8 to open a new CO game, and log into your server.

6. Test the ANIeditor with an unique gear and not on a uni weapon.

If this does not work for you, you did something different and/or, you are a dumb *** and shouldn't be trying to use hacks in the first place.

I am using Windows XP SP2, and I am on a gaming computer, but that makes no difference for CO.
Anyone want to test this out?
Old 10/13/2008, 20:11   #6

Please someone update anieditor program....Everything does not show an element only the weapons.......
Old 10/14/2008, 11:36   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by hatalmaska View Post
Please someone update anieditor program....Everything does not show an element only the weapons.......
That's waht this thread is about ... did you even read the 1st post?
It's not possible to see quality items other than weapons anymore.

@reptileguy: I don't really feel like trying this out. The changes made are server side I guess, so it most likely wouldn't work. And even if, soon the client won't run anymore if backpatched to 5063, so it would be a temporary workaround only.

BTW, did anyone else have the feeling that, right after they changed it, loads of super stuff was dropping? I found a super bs (no socs of course, as usual ) and saw tons of obviously looted supers in market.
Thanks
2 Users
Old 10/14/2008, 14:07   #8

I've already posted this on a number of threads, the reason only weapons show their quality is because they are the only ones that still send a specific packet with a unique model ID, the rest of the items will always be sent as normals.

The item packets coming from the server simply contain the "normal" id for all qualities for items other than weapons.

Meaning this is just as impossible as detecting sockets and +1s now.
Until you pick the item up, you can't possibly know what quality it is.
Thanks
1 User
Old 10/17/2008, 02:51   #9

well got a thought after reading the thread, what if they did the +1s, and somehow the quality like the way the mana bs,hp bs, poison blade, or def bow use to be. Only here recently has the added bonus been displayed, it use to be hidden some how. Just a thought and I may be completely wrong, but food for thought