Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2
You last visited: Today at 13:03

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Does it legal to create Conquer proxy/bot ?

Discussion on Does it legal to create Conquer proxy/bot ? within the Conquer Online 2 forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Does it legal to create Conquer proxy/bot ?

Does it legal to create Conquer proxy/bot ? I know that from game side its illegal to use them But in developing it dont i break the law ?

Becouse i`m thinking to present it in university as my coursework. And lecture said that would be nice but i need to know if its not break any law
Old 09/14/2011, 10:20   #2

elite*gold: 20
Received Thanks: 2,518
Reverse engineering isnt illegal for educational purposes.
Old 09/14/2011, 10:33   #3

So u wanna say that i will not go to jail (joking) for releasing open source proxy ?

Anyway, I change my mind I wount present and public it
Old 09/15/2011, 09:39   #4

Eh well its upto the company, the most TQ has ever done is send creators of bots Cease and Desist letters, they havent ever taken it to full legal action, i doubt they ever will to be honest.
Old 09/15/2011, 10:24   #5

No it's not illegal and you cannot be taken to jail.
Old 09/15/2011, 13:59   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaussHacker View Post
No it's not illegal and you cannot be taken to jail.
Actually that isnt true, reverse engineering a product and then exploiting what you find for profit is not legal, your only every allowed to reverse engineer for educational purposes, or if you are required to do so when developing an application that needs to communicate with another application. Legislation explicitly states that reverse engineering for the intent to create a competing product is not legal.
Old 09/15/2011, 18:29   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korvacs View Post
Actually that isnt true, reverse engineering a product and then exploiting what you find for profit is not legal, your only every allowed to reverse engineer for educational purposes, or if you are required to do so when developing an application that needs to communicate with another application. Legislation explicitly states that reverse engineering for the intent to create a competing product is not legal.
Well I was referring to information he was given, which is educational purpose ^^ I know it's not legal to profit on it, which is same as you can't crack ex. Photoshop and sell it.
Old 09/24/2011, 00:22   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korvacs View Post
How about if there was NO reversing involved,You got all the information (packets,encryption,ect...)needed from A public source(like a wiki ).
If it was only programmed as A educational project that never has or will connect to anything.That should be fine,right?
Old 09/24/2011, 01:10   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real~Death View Post
How about if there was NO reversing involved,You got all the information (packets,encryption,ect...)needed from A public source(like a wiki ).
If it was only programmed as A educational project that never has or will connect to anything.That should be fine,right?
Grey area is Grey
Thanks
2 Users