Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 00:50

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Big comp problem

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Big comp problem

Thats the image i get when i try to go to control panel/proprties an almsot any simple task and its ******* me off cus i cant delate any old programs i dont use anymore since i cant accses controlpanel-add or remove programs. its really slowing down my comps performance anyone help?

Old 05/12/2008, 07:15   #2

umm virus problem it maybe because you can't access control panel are you using the administrator account, if so try virus scanning, defrag, and clean the hard disk. Which process of programs can you go on? and does it affect your performance? try downloading hijack this and give me the log for it it might come useful if there is a virus on your computer to kill if the antivirus didn't get it. mainly we are not the people who solve computer programs but i'm glad to help peoples problems with computers if needed

Old 05/12/2008, 07:37   #3

If u r logged in admin account in WIN, try to disable firewall of windows, it sucks and more with some patches of XP, antivirus or any firewall with extreme protection block things too, virus i dont think, and to remove old programs go to Start -> Run, type without quotes "appwiz.cpl", that will pop-up the add/remove software.

« Change Shadowcolor after patch !? | Help A Newby Out (I need help XD) »