Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2
You last visited: Today at 04:11

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Multiclient cant launch more than 10 window

Discussion on Multiclient cant launch more than 10 window within the Conquer Online 2 forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Multiclient cant launch more than 10 window

Hi All,

I'm facing this problem where i cant launch more than 10 CO window. The maximum i can open is 9. After running 9 window, my system will act abnormal where i cant basically do anything else on my pc such as watching movie. When i try to watch movie, the media player won't launch and the system will omit the error sound, hope you get what i'm saying.

When i launch 9 CO window, my CPU utilization is around 70% while memory utilization around 1.1GB (get from task manager). My system spec are as below.

Window XP SP2
AMD Athlon 64 x2 Dual Core 3800
2GB memory

When i close one of the CO window or close my others running application such as messenger/browser/etc, then i'm able to watch movie, etc. Seem like my system doesn't have enough memory although the task manager show that i'm having like 700MB free memory.

Anyone can help me pls? Thanks.
Old 03/15/2008, 03:39   #2

your using more resources than u think...just cuz u have memory left doesnt mean u got room for more....the graphics of conquer hog up more resources than they should...along with windows that doesnt care to be efficient what so ever..

its sounds like u have one of those boxed systems..where the graphics are built into the system board...the memory is shared for graphics the the left over memory is hogged with texture patterns....slowing the system down

its prob a nvidia board...multitaskin game graphics it doesnt seam to cut it...in my opinion

im sure ill be argued against (but its an opinion)
Old 03/15/2008, 03:55   #3

Thanks for the reply, but my system using dedicated PCIX 256MB GeForce 7600GT. My mobo is ABIT K9 Ultra.
Wondering anyone out there able to launch more than 10 CO win at a time.
Old 03/15/2008, 04:00   #4

hmmm...ok

and all drivers up to date?
Old 03/15/2008, 04:10   #5

I'm using the latest nvidia drivers with direct X9.
Somehow, i feel that the problem seem to be cause by the memory as the memory usage in task manager is always below 1.1GB and wont go any higher.
I've just change my visual effects to best performance and also set my virtual memory to 3GB. Hope this can improve my system.
Is there any recommended tools to check my system? Thanks.
Old 03/15/2008, 04:19   #6

my 256m 6200geforce cant open but 3 clients..before it graphically becomes unstable...
i have 128m v3 volari that opened 10+ clients before it got difficult to type password on conquer logon screen...both system run 1g of memory and run win2k....unfortunately some cards have it some dont

as in a tool...i dont know one thatll do what u want...i wish i could be some more help
Old 03/15/2008, 14:45   #7

Anyway, thanks for yr help. Hope someone out there got solution to my problem. Cheers.
Old 03/15/2008, 15:38   #8

I manage to run 12 farmer bots on my secondary machine, an ancient Socket A amd 2400+, with 1gb of ram and a 128mb ddr radeon 9250 card. Windows XP also. 12 co clients, all botting away, on that ancient setup.

With a 4GB pagefile.
Old 03/16/2008, 05:11   #9

you need more ram ...
Old 03/16/2008, 06:34   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowtaker View Post
Hi All,

I'm facing this problem where i cant launch more than 10 CO window. The maximum i can open is 9. After running 9 window, my system will act abnormal where i cant basically do anything else on my pc such as watching movie. When i try to watch movie, the media player won't launch and the system will omit the error sound, hope you get what i'm saying.

When i launch 9 CO window, my CPU utilization is around 70% while memory utilization around 1.1GB (get from task manager). My system spec are as below.

Window XP SP2
AMD Athlon 64 x2 Dual Core 3800
2GB memory

When i close one of the CO window or close my others running application such as messenger/browser/etc, then i'm able to watch movie, etc. Seem like my system doesn't have enough memory although the task manager show that i'm having like 700MB free memory.

Anyone can help me pls? Thanks.
I know exacty what you mean at first i thought it was my SV but then I found out it wasn't. Im at a stand still and it seems i cant even open more than 8 or it might do it. i can still open 9 but cant run sv then
Old 03/19/2008, 04:26   #11

Sorry for late reply as i'm away. My system have 2GB of memory, which i think is more than enough, rite. Maybe later, i'll try to run with 1GB of memory to test out whether the problem is related to memory or not.
Old 03/19/2008, 09:04   #12

Agreed theres something wrong in the multiclients when running 9+ account. Useually i could run 14-15 accounts, but a few patches ago i got the same problem as explained in post 1 of this treat. when i open more than 8 accounts my mouse start acting weird and Alt + TAB....gets a new life, not working like it should. I seriously doubt it can be explained with to low ram.
Old 03/19/2008, 22:39   #13

how many do u need lol