Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2
You last visited: Today at 08:34

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Is Conquer Dying?

Discussion on Is Conquer Dying? within the Conquer Online 2 forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Is Conquer Dying?

I have been playing Conquer for about two years now. I have put a lot of time into my character. I have put a lot of my money in also. But I mean, over these two years, what has been updated? I mean, we got potency... um... we got comma's in the inventory money... music... But, you don't see any towns do you? Do you see more than 20 quests all together? A new character class?

What makes me think that Conquer is dying even more, is the new coming release of The Warlords. I watched the video for that, and the game play looks slick. You got mounts... like horses. Graphics are much nicer. Just overall better.

So, what do you guys think? Do you think TQ will actually put anymore time into Conquer? Or is it dead?

My thoughts, The Warlords will be the death of Conquer. If not, then an even newer game will be. I don't see Conquer upgraded ever. Ever.

So I wanna know your guy's thoughts, I guess. From what I get from you guys will most likely determine if my level 130-130-127 Trojan is worth continuing on, or if I should just stop now.

Thanks
Old 03/03/2008, 22:46   #2

elite*gold: 20
Every game has its end. EO dropped CO's popularity a lot. CT and ZO didn't do it as much but I'm sure any newer game will drop it some more. Eventually CO will become MnM and stop receiving updates altogether.
Old 03/04/2008, 00:23   #3

I will always play co
Old 03/04/2008, 00:38   #4

co is boring and wat does "MnM" stand for?
Old 03/04/2008, 00:42   #5

Monster n Me
Old 03/04/2008, 01:16   #6

I'd still be playing if it wasn't so buggy.. I'm sure there are others that would come back IF the game would be fixed up a bit, no need for new content as much, maybe a few themed quests.
Old 03/04/2008, 04:29   #7

I'd be playing if I wasn't banned unfairly and ignored for 8 months now. Was banned for a bug their system had. *cough leo potency bug cough*
Old 03/04/2008, 04:37   #8

Received Thanks: 1,066
Conquer doesnt seem to be dying, as it seems it is in this forum

My server is still packed with people because its one of the new ones. Crystal.

No-one has full super 2sdg +10 stuff, so its challenging for everyone.

Hiyoal
Old 03/04/2008, 04:38   #9

idk co is suspose to get pets this year and some other stuff
Old 03/04/2008, 04:48   #10

WTF?! PETS!!!!

That will definatelly ruin the game for non-db-buyers...Its going to be even harder to play the game with skill, now you can just use ure pet -_-

Hiyoal
Old 03/04/2008, 04:51   #11

hmm.. CO with pets.. It's called CT and has gone down the ******* already. They're too lazy to add pets to CO. They'll just make a new game that will fail.
Old 03/04/2008, 07:14   #12

Received Thanks: 8,592
Conquer is slowly dying hence the server merges, but i would play more often if it wasn't based on purchasing dbs i just won't do it.
Old 03/04/2008, 07:27   #13

Yeah I quit today.

After enough hours, you realize the game is a dive. It is based on the fact that sooner or later, in order to progress, you are going to spend money on it.

I thought about joining The Warlords, whenever that launches, but I am sure that this will not be much different.

Conquer is dying.

But, I mean, I think TQ is going to milk this as long as possible. I played on Mercury, home of the 130-130-134 Fire tao named _DEMON_. She has 12+ everything except boots. She has also spent over 25,000 dollars on her account. That's addiction in my opinion, but, what I mean is, when will someone like that realize it?

Will TQ push the envelope? What's stopping them from 13-15+ refining; or the third socket?

I hope at the announcement of 13-whatever refining, people should just give up. Level 135+, same thing.
Old 03/04/2008, 21:15   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiyoal View Post
Conquer doesnt seem to be dying, as it seems it is in this forum

My server is still packed with people because its one of the new ones. Crystal.

No-one has full super 2sdg +10 stuff, so its challenging for everyone.

Hiyoal
You're on crystal? Whats your name i play there

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyCatImploded View Post
Yeah I quit today.

After enough hours, you realize the game is a dive. It is based on the fact that sooner or later, in order to progress, you are going to spend money on it.

I thought about joining The Warlords, whenever that launches, but I am sure that this will not be much different.

Conquer is dying.

But, I mean, I think TQ is going to milk this as long as possible. I played on Mercury, home of the 130-130-134 Fire tao named _DEMON_. She has 12+ everything except boots. She has also spent over 25,000 dollars on her account. That's addiction in my opinion, but, what I mean is, when will someone like that realize it?

Will TQ push the envelope? What's stopping them from 13-15+ refining; or the third socket?

I hope at the announcement of 13-whatever refining, people should just give up. Level 135+, same thing.
From what ive seen recently and hard from others TQ dont seem to have an active interest in Conquer anymore... Their lottery system has given them a huge turnover this year and with the upcoming release of a new game they will be focussing more on this War Lords thing.

And even if TQ shut down their servers, im sure those who know wat they're doing will keepit alive in the form of multiple private servers. People have the basic server and people can write the code to make the mobs/npc's and other functions in-game.

Either way, as long as you own a CO2 client, you will have a server to play on.
Old 03/04/2008, 21:58   #15

Im either on Phanphy, my friends character, or im on CentaurWarchief... -_- DONT ASK ABOUT THE NAME, Its rb water-tro and I got it from a friend....

Im in the guild: Masquerade

Hiyoal

P.S Who are you??