Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2
You last visited: Today at 16:58

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Will venom work with Vista?

Discussion on Will venom work with Vista? within the Conquer Online 2 forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Unhappy Will venom work with Vista?

i just recently got a new computer and it has windows vista.. i want venom proxy. i already tried installing. but it wont work.. anyone got any solutions id be greatful
Old 11/13/2007, 03:26   #2

elite*gold: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoR*CaL View Post
i just recently got a new computer and it has windows vista.. i want venom proxy. i already tried installing. but it wont work.. anyone got any solutions id be greatful
Right Click the file, and click on Run as Administrator, Screenshot bellow, I have Windows Vista, Took me awhile 2 realize what to do, Its a safety feature Windows Vista has. Hope the info helped.

Also you can make it Always Run as Administrator, Right Click V3n0M, Open Prosperities, Click Advanced, Then Click Run as Administrator, Check the 2nd Screenshot.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg runadmin.jpg (19.8 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg runadmin2.jpg (28.9 KB, 7 views)
Old 11/13/2007, 04:02   #3

Received Thanks: 1,960
I'll also add this, I had posted this in another thread about vista.

Quote from:
John Barnett Computer Journalist
XP Help and Support
Quote:
Turn Off User Account Control (UAC)

User Account Control is a new feature which help prevent unauthorised changes being made to your computer. Any time a change occurs on your computer UAC kicks in and asks if you want to allow this change. In other words you have to physically give UAC permission to make the change. This can be in the form of simply pressing an 'allow this' button to a more sophisticated form of permission, such as an administrator password. While this option can be a slight irritation it is certainly worth the effort for the casual user and, as such, although disabling details are outlined below, it is not recommended that you disable this option. If you are an 'expert' user then by all means disable UAC, but if you aren't then for safety's sake leave UAC enabled.
1/ Click the Start button
2/ From the Start menu click Control Panel
3/ In Control panel click the User Account icon
4/ In User Account window click the 'turn user account control on or off' option
5/ Next click 'Continue' when the user Account Control permission box appears
6/ In the next window remove the check mark from the box next to the 'use user account control (UAC) to help protect my computer' and then press OK
7/ A message will now saying 'You must re-start your computer to apply these changes'
8/ Now click the Re-start button
9/ After your computer has re-started the UAC will be disabled
10/ To enable UAC again simply go to Control panel and click on the Security centre Icon. In the security centre window, in the section marked 'other security settings' a button marked 'Turn On Now'
11/ Press the Turn On Now button to re-enable User Account Control
12/ Finally exit the Security centre window and then Control panel.
An alternative method is as follows:
1/ Click the Start Menu
2/ Click All Programs>Accessories>Run
3/ In the Run dialogue box type: msconfig
4/ In the MSCONFIG window click the Tools tab
5/ Scroll down the list of applications in the Tools tab until you come to 'Disable UAC'
6/ Highlight the Disable UAC option and then press the Launch button
7/ The Command prompt window will now open with the message 'This operation completed successfully'
8/ Close the Command prompt Window and you are done!
9/ Incidentally after disabling UAC the Windows Security Center will flag that UAC is no longer functioning. The flag will keep popping up unless you change the way the security center alerts you.

Copyright © 2003 - 2007 John Barnett. All Rights Reserved 19/06/2007
Old 11/13/2007, 04:06   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by a1blaster View Post
I'll also add this, I had posted this in another thread about vista.

Quote from:
John Barnett Computer Journalist
XP Help and Support
Pretty risky though, The Run as Admin feature is great against programs you may not want 2 trust, And even when Running as Admin, it keeps a safeguard up, So I wouldn't advise disabling it, But thats just my personal Opinion.
Old 11/13/2007, 07:26   #5

One More thing.... all the programs that i have to install to make venom work.... when i get down to the last one it says it isnt compatiable... is there some reason why its doing this?
Old 11/13/2007, 07:49   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoR*CaL View Post
One More thing.... all the programs that i have to install to make venom work.... when i get down to the last one it says it isnt compatiable... is there some reason why its doing this?
On my Windows Vista, I already had all those Programs by default, Except like 1, forget which it was, Try run V3n0M without that file, probably will still work.