Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 21:34

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

venom?

Discussion on venom? within the Conquer Online 2 forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
venom?

Okay, as many people have asked questions i'm surprised that there's been no REAL FAQ, or a real step by step readme.

I see all these people asking questions because they don't understand, thrown down or made fun of because they don't know what a proxy is, or how to do some programming.

I'm here saying I HAVE NO CLUE what Venom wants me to put into it, but i'm only an above average computer user, dipping into some C++, Java, and VB.. Instead of just making fun of us, why doesn't someone step by step me so I can write a guide on exactly how to install this and freaking use it.(unless there already is one!)

If there already is one, sorry for the assanine post.

And if some one is going to explain how to install it, tell me what numbers I need, not which ones to type in. E.G. You need a proxy IP, computer IP, server IP, in these 3 slots, ect..

Don't say 127.0.0.1 in this box here. THE END. Because quite frankly it's not the end! It doesn't work lol
Old 11/11/2007, 16:00   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master_DotA View Post
Okay, as many people have asked questions i'm surprised that there's been no REAL FAQ, or a real step by step readme.

I see all these people asking questions because they don't understand, thrown down or made fun of because they don't know what a proxy is, or how to do some programming.

I'm here saying I HAVE NO CLUE what Venom wants me to put into it, but i'm only an above average computer user, dipping into some C++, Java, and VB.. Instead of just making fun of us, why doesn't someone step by step me so I can write a guide on exactly how to install this and freaking use it.(unless there already is one!)

If there already is one, sorry for the assanine post.

And if some one is going to explain how to install it, tell me what numbers I need, not which ones to type in. E.G. You need a proxy IP, computer IP, server IP, in these 3 slots, ect..

Don't say 127.0.0.1 in this box here. THE END. Because quite frankly it's not the end! It doesn't work lol
im positive this question has been answered, but i'll answer anyway

-extract all the files from the Venom.rar into your Conquer 2.0 folder WHILE CO IS NOT RUNNING

-Then, you will see a file named "Server.dat" in the same folder
Double click the file and it should open in a notepad, if not right click and open with a notepad.

-Find the server(s) that you play and there should be a pre-exsisting IP address already written there. Delete it and write 127.0.2.1 in it's spot.

-Save the file

-Open the Venom-Lite.exe file and open Conquer

---If Venom-Lite.exe closes right when you open, you will need the microsoft files noted in Venom's main page
Old 11/11/2007, 19:30   #3

And 127.0.2.1 is supposed to be the number OF?

If there was a simple explanation on how it worked and what the numbers are, it would be ALOT simpler.
I've installed it, it's running, I just can't connect.

I'm asking for a more elaborate explanation then "add 127.0.2.1".

This isn't actually a thread just for me though, i'm wanting to write an entire guide on how to install, what the numbers are, some common problems, ect..
Old 11/11/2007, 22:25   #4

"Then, you will see a file named "Server.dat" in the same folder
Double click the file and it should open in a notepad, if not right click and open with a notepad.
-Find the server(s) that you play and there should be a pre-exsisting IP address already written there. Delete it and write 127.0.2.1 in it's spot."

The 127.0.2.1 is the new ip address you need to paste into the "server.dat" file, where the old ip address is.

I do believe Lake, I think thats his screen name, made a video on how to install it. It can be found using search.
Old 11/12/2007, 21:01   #5

But 127.0.2.1 isn't an normal address, which tells me it's not for WAN, but somehow for LAN, which is one of the explanations I need for this guide i'm going to write, hopefully getting it into the first post of the official venom thread so questions like this won't arrise again.

I've searched for this video, can't find it or the username "lake".

Also, I failed to mention earlier that with the new v3n0m, the server.dat file already has all the ips set to 127.0.2.1

This is as far as i've gotten.

Quote:
Well, for those of you who are asking how to install v3n0m, or what these numbers mean, or how v3n0m is supposed to work, join the club, i'm new to it too, there will be some questions for you guys to ask, so feel free to ask IN THIS THREAD ONLY.(To clear up some of the clutter in this forum.)

Okay, the first step to install v3n0m will be to install the files in the official v3n0m thread. Now, you might ask "why do I need these files", well, the simple explanation IS, v3n0m-lite has code in it that requires the functions only these programs can give it, so in order to run v3n0m-lite, install these files. Alot of you may only have to install the files no normal program uses, so start with the files on the bottom and work your way up, each time you install a file, try to run v3n0m-lite.exe, if it closes on startup, install the next file, do this step repeatadly until v3n0m runs and you see a few lines of text.

The next step, you will need to enter an IP address. Go to your original Servers.dat and get the IP for your server, then enter 127.0.2.1 into the servers.dat file you unpack from the .zip and in the line "ip4=X", enter 127.0.2.1 as X. Next you will take the copied server IP(the one you play on) and then enter it as the "remoteloginip" in v3n0m.ini
Old 11/12/2007, 23:03   #6

Received Thanks: 1,960
Have you looked at these threads:

by gabrola

or

( ... ) by .bmg
Thanks
2 Users
Old 11/13/2007, 05:47   #7

I JUST looked at QOProxy and got it working, then realised I was so high so I shouldn't have dropped the item while Autohunting.

******* botjail. I'm so high I don't know if I care, I auto looted a ref moon gem, elite tao robe and a super axe from AC pkers lol
Old 11/13/2007, 06:27   #8

hey, just curious...does this only work with v. 56 or like 5000 aswell?
Old 11/13/2007, 07:33   #9

It works with the latest verison.

Just follow the instructions. And read my quote.