Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2
You last visited: Today at 12:12

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Scamed/paypal question

Discussion on Scamed/paypal question within the Conquer Online 2 forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Scamed/paypal question

Alrite sum1 wanted to buy all my super socs for $800 so i was like ok. They sent the $800 to my paypal n it was ther then i gave them my gears. 5mins later they reported ther paypal account as a unotherised transaction. i kno were not allowed to sell items like that but u guys have any idea wut the chances r after paypal is done investigating that i will still get the money?
Old 11/10/2007, 05:48   #2

elite*gold: 106
Received Thanks: 1,164
Try the simple thing, report it to the police.
Old 11/10/2007, 23:56   #3

Unauthorized transaction = they didn't know. Reporting it 5 minutes later indicates they knew it just happened. Try that logic with PayPal... maybe they aren't stupid.

Also, why should PayPal give a **** about what TQ allows or not? You can say you sold the "time and effort" to get the gears if it comes up.
Old 11/11/2007, 01:04   #4

Received Thanks: 1,960
Maybe if you had copies of the emails or PM's between the two of you, for evidence of the trade. This would include the header info for the emails also.
Old 11/11/2007, 06:34   #5

only thing i had was our pm's for the trade i sent that to paypal as well incase it helps. This is day number 3 so far no word. They said takes up to 7 days to resolve every thing.
Old 11/11/2007, 07:23   #6

Grrrr that makes me mad even hearing the story. I support offline trading, so I hope you get this case resolved in your favor.
Old 11/11/2007, 07:42   #7

they could go to jail over a game, what they did was fraud.

hopefully they do, it sounds harsh but its the legal system.
Old 11/11/2007, 10:09   #8

keep us updated please,thanks.
Old 11/11/2007, 23:09   #9

Ill keep every one updated on what happens. Hope i win ><
Old 11/12/2007, 21:43   #10

Wow that's messed up; I hope you get your money bro. Hearing that also distracts me from trying to sell my duals... **** you Ebay **** you!
Old 11/13/2007, 02:44   #11

lol the word "e-fraud" comes to mind.. depending where this buyer is from (nationality) because he uses paypal and signed their agreement he is bound by their terms. i think this person probably wont go to jail but if hes dumb enough to attempt this with his REAL credit info he pretty much just destroyed any chance of having good credit. between owning a game and owning a house? hmmmmmmm
Old 11/13/2007, 02:46   #12

That happend to me also!!! i sold my 2rb lvl.130 archer for 650 usd.. he sent me the money... after i recieved it, i gave him my acc and full info. the next day the money was on hold, it was bein under investagation.. it was messed up but i lost the case so i didnt recieve the cash, Words Of Advice. if you deal with transactions threw PayPal.. once you recieve the money, go take it out before you give any items or info....
Old 11/14/2007, 20:30   #13

any updates?
Old 11/14/2007, 21:28   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonStar View Post
Alrite sum1 wanted to buy all my super socs for $800 so i was like ok. They sent the $800 to my paypal n it was ther then i gave them my gears. 5mins later they reported ther paypal account as a unotherised transaction. i kno were not allowed to sell items like that but u guys have any idea wut the chances r after paypal is done investigating that i will still get the money?
The exact same thing happened to me. Could you PM me the paypal email address which sent you the payment? I'm curious as to whether it's the same person or not.

I'm sorry but it doesnt look good for you.
As I had no evidence beside the emails i recieved from the buyer, PayPal gave him/her a full refund and are now telling me I owe them $1000 as i deposited it to my bank account before they could take it.
So in effect the buyer got my full 2 soc char for free. I simply emailed TQ and claimed my account had been hacked and my email address changed and they gave me it back luckily.

I ended up getting $1k and keeping my character but now Paypal are on my case claiming I owe them the money so i'm going to have to pay it if i want to use my paypal account again and stop my credit rating being affected.

If you are going to sell characters the safest way is to use Ebay or get the buyers address, send them a letter and get the delivery number as proof of transaction for Paypal. The scruffy little bastards will try anything
Old 11/14/2007, 21:52   #15

lol request a wire transfer from now on