Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 05:44

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Lag A LOT less in tg.

Discussion on Lag A LOT less in tg. within the CO2 Guides & Templates forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
I am suggesting this for a few reasons, because it worked for me, it worked for friends, and most importantly, IT WORKS!

Ive noticed that this is a great way to tg because when I tged for a week, Id probably d/c 4 days out of that week without this, but when I started I never really had problems with d/cing because of lag some other problems would be because of your internet, not lag, it may be for the following reasons.

1. You share a wireless network with a large number of computers on 1 router.
2. Your internet disconnects and reconnects once in a while.
There are other reasons too.

Ok, well anyways here is the trick.

1. log into the game on any account, set your game screen size too window mode.

2. open up your client, and log into the account you want to tg with, set it up the way you want, like hit the stakes you want to hit, water elf, nd, dh, stig, watever!

3. because your on window mode, you should still be able to reach your desktop, now right click on your desktop and click Properties>Settings>Color Quality>Change your bit mode from 16-32, or if you have it on 32 which you shouldnt... Change it from 32-16.

4. After this you will notice your screen will go black, wait a few secounds. After the blackout you will see that the only thing black is your Conquer window, while it is black your guy will still be tging the way you want him to tg, you can minimize this client and browse the internet or something while it is tging because it shouldnt cause much lag, Enjoy!

Note: If you feel that you need to double check if its working, just go on another char, whisper your guy to see if hes on, and if u think hes not attacking stakes or watever, goto him on another char and see.

If you want to change it back so the screen isnt black, change the bit back.
Old 03/18/2006, 01:15   #2

That's an idea, but you're a little off, that has nothing to do with your internet.

Your connection is still receiving the same amount of data, your computer just isn't displaying it.

IE, if you have a poor computer, this is good, nothing to do with the internet.

Conquer lag if you have a good computer is caused by bad servers, not by a bad connection...let's see, atm I have 16 miners running, and 2 tg clients. No computer lag...(I could run more, I just don't have any miners )...aannnd, let's take a look at my connection....

Upload: ~10Kbps
Download: ~40kbps

Kilobits per second...the average ADSL user has a 1mb connection (1 megabit). This uses almost no internet resources :/
Old 03/18/2006, 02:35   #3

i think this has been posted before on the CO forums..

Old 03/18/2006, 03:33   #4

hrm, i run my desktop in 32bit while im playing conquer, its always on 32 bit, because for some reason when i play it in 16bit after awhile my computer restarts
Old 03/18/2006, 21:46   #5

yea it has nothing to do with internet connections and u dcing,But dude +1 karma,cause its very useful when u wanna open tons of Tgers :P
Old 03/19/2006, 20:09   #6

sometimes i have 10000 lag in tg.....i have dc in 2-2 sec... -.- **** ppl
Old 07/07/2006, 08:28   #7

Quote:
Originally posted by nasuke@Mar 18 2006, 03:35
i think this has been posted before on the CO forums..

This is true definitely...but nasuke is right...It's been posted on CO forum long ago...
Old 07/07/2006, 16:50   #8

Nice bump, going for some sort of record? 5 months! 5!!
Old 07/07/2006, 19:47   #9

hope it works
Old 07/07/2006, 19:51   #10

Quote:
Originally posted by hamster52088@Jul 7 2006, 19:47
hope it works
yes it works, and yes, it was already posted on co forums and HERE also....

BUt its still usefull 4 ppl who dont search