Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 23:55

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

mining

Discussion on mining within the CO2 Guides & Templates forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
owk i have seen many posts (not only this forum) about "gem spots"
first of all they don't exist imho BUT (y does there always have to be a bit ) there are some "tricks" to get them "faster".
- keep ur miner at the same spot (go to random place and remember the coords, direction of mining included)
- when you get a gem stay at the spot for 10-20 more minutes and then d/c and log back in and go again(if you went to warehouse to put ur gem in it)/stay at the same spot
- it seems that you get gems faster at mz mine and pc mine
- use multiple chars and let them mine at same spot
- use the same spot until it's server maintance

y do i believe this "tricks" work?
- it's like gambling: when you gamble on number x and keep gambling on it youre chance of winning increases each time (this can be applied for ref/super gems: if you get a normal gem youre chance increases that the next gem is ref/super)
- my friend and me mine like constant with these "tricks" and we get shitloads of gems (my most was 8 gems at a day)

another thing is to protect ur miners. how?
- having ur main char at the ladder, when a pker enters kill him/her
- logging off a water who can rev next to ur miners, also handy for transferring gems

basic info everyone should know:
- don't mine on first lvl of the mine ur in (unless in tc and mz where you can't )
- when u mine in tc don't mine by the mass (high chance of pkers) instead mine at north side of the mine, there are spots where the monsters won't come and pkers don't come there also, unless ur unlucky

rumours:
there are alot of rumours going on around mining
rumour: when ores are coming slow you have an increased chance of getting a gem
truth: when ur mining on a spot for a long time and drop ores you get ores slower (if you move you get ores faster again)
rumour: xxx,xxx at lvl x of x mine gives gems
truth: there are no "gem spots"

also ac mine and dc mine seem to give gold ores faster than other mines

hope this helps a bit
Old 10/01/2005, 03:29   #2

lowest lvl mines definitely DO NOT give the most gems

the pattern with the normal gems and then ref/supers might be true. Maybe it works just liek the hunting. If you take a couple of refineds or uniques with you hunting, you find better items faster.
So if you take a normal kylin or nix with you, you should get better gems faster.

also I agree with you that there are no gem spots
there are many times when you stand on an invalid coordinate and that just would not be right

good job

EDIT: oh yeah +karma
Old 10/01/2005, 03:33   #3

nice conclusion
Old 10/01/2005, 03:46   #4

thanks

ha you forgot to put [/FONT]
Old 10/01/2005, 06:59   #5

Quote:
Originally posted by anticlownn@Oct 1 2005, 03:29
the pattern with the normal gems and then ref/supers might be true. Maybe it works just liek the hunting. If you take a couple of refineds or uniques with you hunting, you find better items faster.
So if you take a normal kylin or nix with you, you should get better gems faster.
i did not state you have to have gems in ur inventory to get ref/supers faster :?

look at my post at the hunting tip

also i may have an idea to keep winning money at gambler in market. ill post this up after i did some testing with it. i know it worked with a game i used to play so maybe it works again with CO. well it's not that you have 100% chance of winning money but it's like 80-90% wich is also nice
Old 10/01/2005, 18:35   #6

Quote:
Originally posted by vladi+Oct 1 2005, 06:59--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (vladi @ Oct 1 2005, 06:59)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--anticlownn@Oct 1 2005, 03:29
i did not state you have to have gems in ur inventory to get ref/supers faster :?

look at my post at the hunting tip

also i may have an idea to keep winning money at gambler in market. ill post this up after i did some testing with it. i know it worked with a game i used to play so maybe it works again with CO. well it's not that you have 100% chance of winning money but it's like 80-90% wich is also nice [/b][/quote]
yeah I know you never said that but I just concluded that from reading your post and I suggested it could be possible
Old 10/02/2005, 10:33   #7

>> rumour: when ores are coming slow you have an increased chance of getting a gem
>> truth: when ur mining on a spot for a long time and drop ores you get ores slower (if you move you get ores again)

You said "when you drop the ores you get them slower", but you did not say "you don't have an increased chance of getting a gem" so is that rumour of increasing the chance of getting a gem true (when getting ores slower)?
Old 10/02/2005, 14:11   #8

err ok heres my tip on mining

1:staystill dont move
2:drop ores at feet
3:if u move mining procces restarts (trust me)
Old 10/02/2005, 16:51   #9

lol.. I mined the whole night in ape mine and I only got one rate 6 gold ore O_o;
I was using Auto Miner 2005, and no it doesn't drop the gems and nobody killed me

I think that the ape mine either really sucks or is bugged -.-;
Old 10/02/2005, 17:13   #10

Quote:
Originally posted by chocoman4k@Oct 2 2005, 10:33
>> rumour: when ores are coming slow you have an increased chance of getting a gem
>> truth: when ur mining on a spot for a long time and drop ores you get ores slower (if you move you get ores again)

You said "when you drop the ores you get them slower", but you did not say "you don't have an increased chance of getting a gem" so is that rumour of increasing the chance of getting a gem true (when getting ores slower)?
no it's not true, i just explained y you getting ores slower
Old 10/02/2005, 17:15   #11

Quote:
Originally posted by anticlownn@Oct 2 2005, 16:51
lol.. I mined the whole night in ape mine and I only got one rate 6 gold ore O_o;
I was using Auto Miner 2005, and no it doesn't drop the gems and nobody killed me

I think that the ape mine either really sucks or is bugged -.-;
well i haven't really mined in ac but i have a friend who goes there often and he said it's not that good for gems but it's good for gold ores.

my favorite place is pc mine though
Old 10/02/2005, 23:45   #12

hmm,mz on the my server has a **** load of pkers go there regularly so it aint realli safe to mine there for me >.<. so does PC mine give u gems fast too? im gona go try this out...
Old 10/03/2005, 19:42   #13

Quote:
Originally posted by phoenix01134@Oct 2 2005, 23:45
hmm,mz on the my server has a **** load of pkers go there regularly so it aint realli safe to mine there for me >.<. so does PC mine give u gems fast too? im gona go try this out...
like i said pc is my fav, get about 4-6 gems a day there although there are alot of pkers in that mine
Old 10/03/2005, 19:57   #14

Quote:
Originally posted by stupoty@Oct 2 2005, 14:11

yup thats how it works...

just stay and mine.. till servermain...
Old 10/04/2005, 00:33   #15

Quote:
Originally posted by BadBoY_AC+Oct 3 2005, 19:57--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (BadBoY_AC @ Oct 3 2005, 19:57)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--stupoty@Oct 2 2005, 14:11

yup thats how it works...

just stay and mine.. till servermain... [/b][/quote]
not really..
I always try that but after an hour of getting nothign I move and usually get a gem in like 2 minutes