Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Popular Games > Call of Duty
You last visited: Today at 10:48

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

EngineOwning hit by lawsuit

Discussion on EngineOwning hit by lawsuit within the Call of Duty forum part of the Popular Games category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 55
The Black Market: 406/0/0
Received Thanks: 3,497
Post EngineOwning hit by lawsuit

Thanks
3 Users
Old 01/05/2022, 03:27   #2

elite*gold: 0
who's the next target?

Old 01/05/2022, 03:35   #3

Knew it was coming at some point they couldn't touch them with a C&D so a Lawsuit is the only thing to stop them. EO gonna need all that income to fight that battle lol
Old 01/05/2022, 04:53   #4

Why would EO even care, they don't even operate in the USA.
Old 01/05/2022, 06:45   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by zebleer View Post
I will take back everything I've ever said if EO really just ignores this. Ultimate chad move.

Uptime sucks. Detection history is full. But, great features & mega chads... none of us can deny.

Everyone else crawled in hole over C&D.
This seems like more than a C&D, but I am no lawyer. Check TG DMs though.
Old 01/05/2022, 07:14   #6

elite*gold: 1337
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pcub View Post
Why would EO even care, they don't even operate in the USA.
Apparently they did.
https://twitter.com/charlieINTEL/status/1478553290866581507
Old 01/05/2022, 07:33   #7

elite*gold: 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by sillygooes View Post
Apparently they did.
I mean I think they can still ignore it cause those are servers (not a lawyer), but I think they are just data servers...?? All they can really do is shut those servers down and be gucci (i think). Since they operate in Germany the US cannot really touch them.
Old 01/05/2022, 07:55   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by RepublicRage View Post
I mean I think they can still ignore it cause those are servers (not a lawyer), but I think they are just data servers...?? All they can really do is shut those servers down and be gucci (i think). Since they operate in Germany the US cannot really touch them.
Ish... if activision alleges that EO committed crimes in US, it will fall to EO to prove the crimes were NOT committed in US which would create a jurisdictional issue.

The issue they'll run into is that you enter into contract with activision when you play the game, and EO has violated that contract. Activision will claim that crime was committed against the org based in CA, EO will argue the crime was committed in Germany.

I'm not an atty either but took some law courses for a JD.

For context, here's the terms. It clearly defines the contract, location of arbitration, acceptable and unacceptable uses, and that they can change it whenever they want. This be used as evidence to show the court the EO broke the contract with ATVI and the law by damaging their operations. It won't be difficult to prove the damages.

Old 01/05/2022, 08:09   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by S4boost View Post
Ish... if activision alleges that EO committed crimes in US, it will fall to EO to prove the crimes were NOT committed in US which would create a jurisdictional issue.

The issue they'll run into is that you enter into contract with activision when you play the game, and EO has violated that contract. Activision will claim that crime was committed against the org based in CA, EO will argue the crime was committed in Germany.

For context, here's the terms. It clearly defines the contract, location of arbitration, acceptable and unacceptable uses, and that they can change it whenever they want. This be used as evidence to show the court the EO broke the contract with ATVI and the law by damaging their operations. It won't be difficult to prove the damages.

Do you know anything about this Activision lawsuit against the WoW cheat devs in Germany that apparently was successful?
Old 01/05/2022, 08:57   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMUonaFFAR View Post
Do you know anything about this Activision lawsuit against the WoW cheat devs in Germany that apparently was successful?
No. I heard about it... but don't know the details.
Old 01/05/2022, 10:15   #11

Another purpose for a lawsuit is to financially bleed out the other party. This is a very common tactic to shut down a company in the corporate world. Who has more money, wins.

Activision is a multi billion dollar company. They are generating millions of dollars daily. They have all the time, money and resources. They can drag this lawsuit for as long as they please without hurting their bank but sooner or later, EO will bleed dry.

In a financial standpoint of view, it is totally not worth it for EO.

Imagine making millions on their WZ cheats since release only to burn it all away on this lawsuit.

No law firm will go up against a multi billion dollar company without charging extraordinary amount of money.

Then again its already a full on lawsuit, not a C&D so even if EO choose to back out, Activision will not show any mercy and will fuck them up with damages and claims (legal fees etc)

If EO choose to fight this lawsuit, they will more than likely to bleed financially and Im sure their share holders, owners will not be very happy. Thats potentially many years worth of profit all going down the drain all because of one game and all because of one arrogant idiot on twitter.

Either way EO is fucked.

Thats for trolling activision and thinking they are untouchable.

They should have just kept a low profile and oblige to the CnD long time ago.

Funny thing is, how did the Plaintiff (Activision) got the names/details of all the defendants (owners of EO?)

Must be a whistle blower.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S4boost View Post

This is a civil proceedings, not a criminal. They are obviously suing for damages. Damages that have been done to their game through their cheats. Is like you build a house and someone comes in and break everything inside. There are damages to be claimed.

For example,

Because of EO, Activision lost hundreds of millions of dollars because players are quitting the game due to the cheaters.

Of course EO can argue that there are many other cheat providers and how does their cheat specifically impacted their sales.

Then Activision can get a court order to subpoena EO's sales/customer record to see exactly how many cheats were downloaded and based on that record, claim damages.
Old 01/05/2022, 10:49   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamuraiShaun View Post
Another purpose for a lawsuit is to financially bleed out the other party. This is a very common tactic to shut down a company in the corporate world. Who has more money, wins.

Activision is a multi billion dollar company. They are generating millions of dollars daily. They have all the time, money and resources. They can drag this lawsuit for as long as they please without hurting their bank but sooner or later, EO will bleed dry.

In a financial standpoint of view, it is totally not worth it for EO.

Imagine making millions on their WZ cheats since release only to burn it all away on this lawsuit.

No law firm will go up against a multi billion dollar company without charging extraordinary amount of money.

Then again its already a full on lawsuit, not a C&D so even if EO choose to back out, Activision will not show any mercy and will fuck them up with damages and claims (legal fees etc)

If EO choose to fight this lawsuit, they will more than likely to bleed financially and Im sure their share holders, owners will not be very happy. Thats potentially many years worth of profit all going down the drain all because of one game and all because of one arrogant idiot on twitter.

Either way EO is fucked.

Thats for trolling activision and thinking they are untouchable.

They should have just kept a low profile and oblige to the CnD long time ago.

Funny thing is, how did the Plaintiff (Activision) got the names/details of all the defendants (owners of EO?)

Must be a whistle blower.

This is a civil proceedings, not a criminal. They are obviously suing for damages. Damages that have been done to their game through their cheats. Is like you build a house and someone comes in and break everything inside. There are damages to be claimed.

For example,

Because of EO, Activision lost hundreds of millions of dollars because players are quitting the game due to the cheaters.

Of course EO can argue that there are many other cheat providers and how does their cheat specifically impacted their sales.

Then Activision can get a court order to subpoena EO's sales/customer record to see exactly how many cheats were downloaded and based on that record, claim damages.
Civil will work the same in terms of jurisdiction. I highly doubt EO attends the hearing. They'll play hard to get and the courts will have to get foreign agencies to enforce the ruling.
Old 01/05/2022, 11:34   #13

I don't know much about Lawsuits and this stuff, but is there actually anything Activision or any authority can do to force EO and their associates to even attend court or something?
Old 01/05/2022, 11:34   #14

elite*gold: 24
I hate to say this (although I never supported them) but this is the end of it for EO with COD games and they deserved it. You can’t just go publicly trying to bully them… it’s not only EO who is paying for it, even other providers started taking some heat from it because of the exposure.

Never underestimate Activision’s capabilities when it comes to their $$$$$$$$
Old 01/05/2022, 14:39   #15

elite*gold: 50
Yeah. This will be the end of EO. Another cheat for WoW got hit by a lawsuit from ATVI for a few million USD and ATVI won the lawsuit. (That cheat was also based in Germany, so that doesn't matter. lol)

I'm not that deep or knowledgable about lawsuits and such, but this is my grain of salt regarding this.