Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Popular Games > Call of Duty
You last visited: Today at 20:14

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Do you Cheat and Experience Blue Screens of Death?

Discussion on Do you Cheat and Experience Blue Screens of Death? within the Call of Duty forum part of the Popular Games category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 141
Do you Cheat and Experience Blue Screens of Death?

I've run into a few people that occasionally come across a random BSOD while trying to play with cheats. This has happened to me and I could never figure out what was causing it until someone suggested me running tests on my RAM. Turned out that the provider I used did some damage to my RAM.

Now I could be completely wrong but I was told by a friend that certain cheats are coded in a way that causes too much stress for your ram, which results in them becoming faulty. It's not done on purpose but it could just be that the coder isn't the best. So if you are experiencing these issues I highly suggest you visit and run tests on your RAM.

RAM TEST: (you'll need a thumb drive).
TUTORIAL:

Maybe this could help at least one, from spending hours and hours of trying to fix a software issue that's actually a hardware issue.
Old 03/27/2021, 23:26   #2

elite*gold: 0
Thank you for sharing this, just out of curiosity, do you remember what kind of stop codes you were getting?

Also on a side note, it is highly unlikely that programs causing ram "stress" would end up getting your ram corrupted. RAM corruption in most cases happens due to hardware failures like an irregular power supply. It can happen due to faulty drivers or programs running on the RAM (use after free, race conditions, and so on) but that is the least likely option.

Tags
bsod, crashing, ram