Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Popular Games > Call of Duty
You last visited: Today at 17:43

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Understanding HWID ban/ shadow bans

Discussion on Understanding HWID ban/ shadow bans within the Call of Duty forum part of the Popular Games category.

Old 11/18/2022, 02:48   #1261

elite*gold: 0
Okay guys can anyone explain my case?

Was banned 2 weeks ago while using systemcheats on MW2. Was using systemcheats before and never had any issue. However i got first time banned in MW2 on Battlenet but every other Cod is not affected. Can still play MW/WZ with normal ping. Now im playing warzone2 with my Steam Account and when i check the support site it says "no cases" but whenever i search a game i get 200ms but i get lobbys pretty fast so maybe 20sec for a game to start.

You think i will get a ban too or its a shadow ban which will be removed after a week?

EDIT: I do not use any spoofer, same pc and steam instead of battlenet and a different Activision Account.
Old 11/18/2022, 10:46   #1262

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXBikerX View Post
Okay guys can anyone explain my case?

Was banned 2 weeks ago while using systemcheats on MW2. Was using systemcheats before and never had any issue. However i got first time banned in MW2 on Battlenet but every other Cod is not affected. Can still play MW/WZ with normal ping. Now im playing warzone2 with my Steam Account and when i check the support site it says "no cases" but whenever i search a game i get 200ms but i get lobbys pretty fast so maybe 20sec for a game to start.

EDIT: I do not use any spoofer, same pc and steam instead of battlenet and a different Activision Account.
Same as me. You are shadow banned bro. I just wake up to see a Perma in the account I was talking about.
Old 11/18/2022, 13:20   #1263

Quote:
Originally Posted by skreaks View Post
Same as me. You are shadow banned bro. I just wake up to see a Perma in the account I was talking about.

So you think i will get a perma too?
Was never been banned on any CoD before was playing on my aged battlenet account and now my 13y old steam account.

Was thinking about buying this game again but will wait now until the high ping gets resolved and when i get banned then **** this Call of Bug game.
Old 11/18/2022, 16:03   #1264

Please can someone help me, a friend of me got perma banned 2 years ago for using once a cheat. We bought a half year later a new motherboard and ssd and ram for him. He played happily for half a year and again a shadowban and after that a permaban.

So warzone 2 came out. We bought a new motherboard and a new ssd yesterday for him new windows new key after 1 game shadow banned and today perma banned? How guys?

Did we have to buy new ram to or does a Microsoft account what he use for Windows is the problem? Or maybe the gpu is also hwid banned?
Old 11/18/2022, 16:49   #1265

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerof0x View Post
Please can someone help me, a friend of me got perma banned 2 years ago for using once a cheat. We bought a half year later a new motherboard and ssd and ram for him. He played happily for half a year and again a shadowban and after that a permaban.

So warzone 2 came out. We bought a new motherboard and a new ssd yesterday for him new windows new key after 1 game shadow banned and today perma banned? How guys?

Did we have to buy new ram to or does a Microsoft account what he use for Windows is the problem? Or maybe the gpu is also hwid banned?
a friend(you) should just buy a new pc at this point
Old 11/18/2022, 16:56   #1266

Quote:
Maybe they are trying to delude the ppl with the SB, confusing them, making them think they are clear and buy an account. I believe a lot of people is going to do that. Then they get with the ban hammer in some weeks. Just saying. ( Tbh Activision is really fishy and greedy, so I wouldn't be surprised)��
Yes, i could imagine that too, even if i hope it doesnt will come true. lol
how long were you shadowed before you received the permanent ban?

Quote:
You think i will get a ban too or its a shadow ban which will be removed after a week?
If you received a HWID ban you will get a permanent ban for sure in some days or weeks. And if i remember back to MW 2019 for most people the first ban already was a HWID ban.
Old 11/18/2022, 17:02   #1267

Quote:
a friend(you) should just buy a new pc at this point
No I'm serious it's not me I'm still happily playing but missing playing with him. Yeah I don't know how I could help him. You would imagine buying a new motherboard and new ssd would fix a hwid ban normally.
Old 11/18/2022, 18:52   #1268

Quote:
Originally Posted by sas35 View Post

If you received a HWID ban you will get a permanent ban for sure in some days or weeks. And if i remember back to MW 2019 for most people the first ban already was a HWID ban.

So because my steam account which was not linked to bnet and activsion and because i got insta shadow banned its likely i got hwid banned?
Old 11/18/2022, 23:01   #1269

Quote:
Yes, i could imagine that too, even if i hope it doesnt will come true. lol
how long were you shadowed before you received the permanent ban?
24 hours
Old 11/19/2022, 04:44   #1270

Quote:
So because my steam account which was not linked to bnet and activsion and because i got insta shadow banned its likely i got hwid banned?
Yeah, most likely.
This is a proven tactic to keep players out of the game for as long as possible by keeping them in the dark about what's happening to their account.

But maybe youre lucky. :-)

Quote:
24 hours
Oh ok, thats fast.

My shadowban got lifted today after just 5 days.
It seems they handle the things a bit different in MW2.
Old 11/19/2022, 19:44   #1271

Guys, someone help me, my friend took a shadowban, and it's been more than 14 days since the shadowban has been on his account and it doesn't come out, he bought the mw2 for more than 16 days and 16 days of shadowban wtf?? someone help
Old 11/19/2022, 21:52   #1272

Quote:
Originally Posted by xacinaa View Post
Guys, someone help me, my friend took a shadowban, and it's been more than 14 days since the shadowban has been on his account and it doesn't come out, he bought the mw2 for more than 16 days and 16 days of shadowban wtf?? someone help
If you paid the game with paypal just use a chargeback.
If you paid it with creditcard you can try it too.

Otherwise, all you can do is wait or accept that the money is gone.

Next time just change the serialnumber of your mainboard, your UUID, your MAC address, use a hardware RAID0 and reinstall Windows.
If you dont login into old accounts anymore you should be clean and unflagged.
Old 11/19/2022, 23:50   #1273

Quote:
If you paid the game with paypal just use a chargeback.
If you paid it with creditcard you can try it too.

Otherwise, all you can do is wait or accept that the money is gone.

Next time just change the serialnumber of your mainboard, your UUID, your MAC address, use a hardware RAID0 and reinstall Windows.
If you dont login into old accounts anymore you should be clean and unflagged.
When you say "login to old accounts" do you mean login to the battlenet with those old accounts or even just login to check ban status on the website?
Old 11/23/2022, 14:11   #1274

Quote:
Yeah, most likely.
This is a proven tactic to keep players out of the game for as long as possible by keeping them in the dark about what's happening to their account.

But maybe youre lucky. :-)

Oh ok, thats fast.

My shadowban got lifted today after just 5 days.
It seems they handle the things a bit different in MW2.

ye shadowban was lifted a few days ago, can play normal now guess im not hwid banned. I think its because it was my first ban ever.
Old 11/28/2022, 14:12   #1275

I'm just going to explain something that happened with me and see if anybody else has experienced something similar. Sorry for the long winded message.

I preordered MW2 on steam, and tried playing the campaign and when I loaded up I noticed it was logged into my old perm banned activision account from 2020, so then I immediately panicked and went to unlink it, and when doing so and linking to my main account (I know, it was a stupid idea) that ive been using for the last year I checked my ban appeal page and boom my account is now permanently banned from warzone and mw2019, did a ban appeal and the next day they confirmed it, however... this was over a month ago, and I was still playing warzone on the account that says perm banned 2 weeks after the "ban" all the way up to the day it was taken offline when warzone 2 came out.
I'd initially refunded mw2 on steam when I saw that I was banned on the website I assumed I was banned from mw2 as well, yet as I say i was playing warzone all the way up to the day warzone 2 released, and because of that decided to just buy mw2 again but on battlenet, which ive been playing every day with no issues.

It still doesnt show any ban on battlenet and I could boot up and play warzone perfectly fine, better yet... before this even happened I was already shadowbanned for over a week... and then around a week after I was "banned" from warzone, I'm pretty sure I got unshadowbanned as I started finally finding normal lobbies again and had no sign of shadowban (Ping, low level players, cheaters etc).
It seems my account is "banned" by the link to the old one through steam, but is actually not banned and I can still play the game lol.

Edit: I'm going to update later today / tomorrow once warzone caldera is back to see if I can still play on a the "permanently banned" account

Edit 29/11 I'm still able to play warzone caldera on my account and it still says on the ban appeal website
"YOUR BAN APPEAL HAS BEEN REVIEWED AND IS FINAL
GAME(S):
Call of Duty: Warzone Caldera
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare"

Tags
hwid ban, shadow ban