Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Cabal Online > Cabal Private Server
You last visited: Today at 00:47

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Player names showing as numbers

Discussion on Player names showing as numbers within the Cabal Private Server forum part of the Cabal Online category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Player names showing as numbers

Hi, I just set up a PServer with the old OGame version files.

When playing, my player name shows correctly, but other player names show as numbers. Same for other players, theirs shows for them ok, but others' names show as numbers.

Someone please give me some guidance? Thanks!
Old 10/12/2012, 08:55   #2

so you made an EP2 private server?
Old 10/12/2012, 09:14   #3

Could you please reiterate what you mean?

Using this:
Old 10/12/2012, 19:51   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtvelocity View Post
Hi, I just set up a PServer with the old OGame version files.

When playing, my player name shows correctly, but other player names show as numbers. Same for other players, theirs shows for them ok, but others' names show as numbers.

Someone please give me some guidance? Thanks!
That happens when you are in war zone or a war channel. Change the channel option to normal/trade/premium.
Thanks
1 User
Old 10/13/2012, 01:55   #5

Thanks a lot, I'll try that!

I never got too far in Cabal originally, so would you mind explaining when you get the chance, what a good setting to allow national wars, but still show names on the screen? (if possible).
Old 10/13/2012, 08:34   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtvelocity View Post
Thanks a lot, I'll try that!

I never got too far in Cabal originally, so would you mind explaining when you get the chance, what a good setting to allow national wars, but still show names on the screen? (if possible).
Use Tierra Gloriosa for national wars, however it only shows the names of players that are the same nation as you do(i.e. a capella can see all capella's names but Procyons will show as numbers). This system was implemented for a number of reasons, one of switch focusing on making the war fair, not allowing people to know who they are fighting against.
The only person who can see all name is the GM, he can see both nations.
Thanks
1 User